Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone help with identifying this tree

Options
  • 10-04-2017 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,
    Can anyone help me in identifying the tree that the leaves belong to on the attached, approx 10no growing on the edge of my site, was wondering should I try to dig them up and replant if they are native species.
    Not green fingered so any help appreciated.
    They are now approx 1.5m high

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

Draper38 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Can anyone help me in identifying the tree that the leaves belong to on the attached, approx 10no growing on the edge of my site, was wondering should I try to dig them up and replant if they are native species.

I think it's a weed. Someone else will be along soon to confirm i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Could they be apple trees?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

Draper38 wrote: »
    Hi,

Has it ever flowered? It might be weigela

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Elder -- I think.
    Plenty of info about it - very common, grows quickly, not the most attractive of trees, but opinions differ etc It grows quickly and unless you want/need it I'd be inclined to get rid of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

lottpaul wrote: »
    Elder -- I think.
    Plenty of info about it - very common, grows quickly, not the most attractive of trees, but opinions differ etc It grows quickly and unless you want/need it I'd be inclined to get rid of it.

Are the stems hollow? Can we see a photo of the stem, if it's hollow it's elder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Draper38

Thanks All,

Def not apple trees as none for miles around, I will try to get a picture of the stem over the next few days which might help confirm.

Advertisement