Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir called to my door….sold me a service….gave me an installation date….that is al

Options
  • 10-04-2017 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

What the title says!!!
    KN were out on Friday to fish the line from my house to the main road, the two cables are attached to the pole on the main road and looks like they just need to be joined up by eir.

Is there anyone or anyway i can find out WHEN a connection is expected to be carried out.
    This is for the new super fast broadband service. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

guideanna wrote: »
    What the title says!!!
    KN were out on Friday to fish the line from my house to the main road, the two cables are attached to the pole on the main road and looks like they just need to be joined up by eir.

Is there anyone or anyway i can find out WHEN a connection is expected to be carried out.
    Hi guideanna, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us today. 

I am really sorry to hear this. Can you please PM me your full name and your account number and I will have a further look into this for you?

Thanks, 
    Leanne. 

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

What the title says!!!

Hi guideanna, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us today. 

I am really sorry to hear this. Can you please PM me your full name and your account number and I will have a further look into this for you?

Thanks, 
    Leanne. 
    Sent PM there but i'm pretty sure i know what your going to say since i've already been onto the call centre and online chat today who are lets just say "lacking" in any useful level of knowledge!

Information i already now know….
    My order has been cancelled…was not informed of this until i contacted Eir myself!
    Because the speed sold to me for the TV service is not available to me
    You can offer me slower broadband and phone service (not what i was sold by YOUR sales guy)
    They Cant tell me why i was sold this service
    They can't tell me when the service will be available to me.

The sales guy told/PROMISED me it would be installed on the 5th….not sure where he pulled this date from?? 

KN have been on my road, there is the main line cable and the house line cable both attached to a pole outside my gate waiting to be connect….i expect fairly soon..however NO ONE has this information for me… except the sales guy…he had all the answers!!! 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

I'm sorry you feel this way and of your experience to date.

If you would like us to look into this for you please PM me your account details as Leanne is yet to receive your PM yet.

Thanks,
    Anna.

eir: Anna wrote: »

If you would like us to look into this for you please PM me your account details as Leanne is yet to receive your PM yet.

Thanks,
    Anna.
    Edited to say i checked my sent items and my pm obviously didn't send as it's not there so i wil send it AGAIN now.

Nothing i've stated here is an exaggeration so no need to be sorry by how i feel, you can be sorry for your companies lack of communication/information/service!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

I'm afraid Leanne didn't receive your PM.

I completely understand your frustration. 

I will reply to your DM as soon as I receive it. 

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement

Thanks,
    Anna.
    Edited to say i checked my sent items and my pm obviously didn't send as it's not there so i wil send it AGAIN now.

Nothing i've stated here is an exaggeration so no need to be sorry by how i feel, you can be sorry for your companies lack of communication/information/service!
    Hi guideanna, 

I have received your PM now and I will reply back shortly.

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

Leanne got my PM and has mailed me back however it looks like my ac number is no longer even reading in your system (since it has been terminated).
    I'm afraid Leanne didn't receive your PM.

I completely understand your frustration. 

I will reply to your DM as soon as I receive it. 

Thanks,

Just for anyone following this thread that it may help them for information….

My ac is now deleted all together so no information even with my address etc is bringing up any of my order details.
    I wouldn't be bothered to start into the whole process again when i already know the answer i'm going to get.."our (crap) system is showing this service is not available to you"..

So back to my orig. question….HOW did the sales guy have a date for me….what system is he working off?
    Why is he knocking on peoples doors, taking time out of their lives to sell them services that can't be provided even after questioning it with him ( as i have tried to get the service before for the tv), even after he showed me my address on his laptop with the eircode, even after he took me out on the road to show me the physical wires on the lamp post outside my house "just waiting to be connected".
    Could it be…gasp…he LIED to me!!!!

Just for anyone following this thread that it may help them for information….

My ac is now deleted all together so no information even with my address etc is bringing up any of my order details.
    I wouldn't be bothered to start into the whole process again when i already know the answer i'm going to get.."our (crap) system is showing this service is not available to you"..

So back to my orig. question….HOW did the sales guy have a date for me….what system is he working off?
    Why is he knocking on peoples doors, taking time out of their lives to sell them services that can't be provided even after questioning it with him ( as i have tried to get the service before for the tv), even after he showed me my address on his laptop with the eircode, even after he took me out on the road to show me the physical wires on the lamp post outside my house "just waiting to be connected".
    Could it be…gasp…he LIED to me!!!!
    Hi guideanna, 

Again, I am very sorry we could not help you any further here. 

Please feel free to get back in touch if you need any further assistance.

Thanks, 
    Leanne

Advertisement