Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 5s turning off randomly

Options
  • 10-04-2017 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭

Have an iPhone 5s that's having an issue with turning off at its own accord. I think its to do with the battery. I have my phone on Low Power Mode all the time btw. The phone would go off as if it was dead when there would be 25 or so percent battery left. It won't turn on again until i connect it to the charger and the battery percentage shows the same percentage as it was before it went off.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah, the battery is failing. The problem will only get worse.

If you want a genuine battery, Apple will replace it for a 100 euro. Alternatively you get a used or knock-off battery from Ebay or a third party repair centre - the quality is poor but it's significantly cheaper.

Advertisement