Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rivervalley, Swords

Options
  • 10-04-2017 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi all

Just looking for any advice on the Rivervalley area of Swords.  Have been looking at houses in the area (first time buyer) just wondering if any folk on here live there, how do they find the area?  I am asking in terms of amenities, transport, schools etc.  Not overly familiar with the area and surrounds (bar Airside Retail Park and the Pavillions).

Any advice or comments are appreciated, thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

I lived in Ridgewood for a few years and it was great, very quiet and nice with a good mix of families and young professionals. Handy in terms of getting to main street for shopping, food, etc and it's also quite easy to get to the city centre as the swords express and 41c stop throughout the area. I don't know too much about the schools as I have no kids but there's a few in the area and also the park and valley is lovely for a run or walk, especially in the summer!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've lived in Rivervalley for over 30 years and raised my family here, and I love it. the primary school is excellent, there's Loreto College for girls and a Christian Brothers secondary down the road for boys, as well as two community schools in Swords. The bus service is really good, both Dublin Bus and the privately run Swords Express.
    The shops in Rivervalley let the area down a bit and hopefully they'll be getting a facelift in the not too distant future. There's a great sense of community here, and lots of stuff going on in the community centre as well as Scouts, soccer and GAA clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

I've lived in Rivervalley for over 30 years and raised my family here, and I love it. the primary school is excellent, there's Loreto College for girls and a Christian Brothers secondary down the road for boys, as well as two community schools in Swords. The bus service is really good, both Dublin Bus and the privately run Swords Express.
    The shops in Rivervalley let the area down a bit and hopefully they'll be getting a facelift in the not too distant future. There's a great sense of community here, and lots of stuff going on in the community centre as well as Scouts, soccer and GAA clubs.
    Thank you for this, it's really helpful :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Dazed909

I second what Dizzy says. I have lived in both Ridgewood and Rivervalley. Both great. Great community, sports clubs etc. Close to Swords town center for all that brings (pubs, restaurants, shopping etc). Schools are great but both Holy Family (primary) and Loretto (girls' secondary) are hard to get in to.

Advertisement