Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing Gear On Plane

Options
  • 10-04-2017 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure this has been asked before but anyway......

Going on hols the end of the month. Flying out with Ryanair and back with Are Lingus if that makes any difference.

Just wondering what the protocol is. Can I carry my gear on my person or do I need to check it in? Does the juice need to be in a sealed / unopened bottle?

Any info appreciated.
    Cheers.

Comments

Big Nasty wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been asked before but anyway......

Going on hols the end of the month. Flying out with Ryanair and back with Are Lingus if that makes any difference.

Just wondering what the protocol is. Can I carry my gear on my person or do I need to check it in? Does the juice need to be in a sealed / unopened bottle?

Any info appreciated.
    Cheers.

I just carried my gear on my person and never had any problems.

Number of flights Ive had since I started vaping: ~20.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Open bottles of juice? Juice in tank? All no issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭leche solara

Just dont be overfilled as the air pressure can force leaks. Put everything in a clear plastic bag so it wont go all over the place

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Open bottles of juice? Juice in tank? All no issue?

So long as you arent bringing 300ml canisters of juice with you, you'll be fine. What size tank have you got? Mine is 5ml. The liquid restriction is 100ml or greater. So a bottle with 15ml in it and a tank of 5 doesn't even register on their radar. After that its a battery and a bit of glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Keep tanks upside down to avoid the pressure issue.

To be on the safe side keep tanks in a bag within a bag type thing. Also don't store your fresh coils in the bag as well. Keep them separate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Yeah, make sure liquids are in a plastic bag and you'll be fine.

I usually have a separate one for my vape gear and take the tank off and wrap it in tissue or kitchen roll to soak up any leaks. I usually make sure it is near enough empty as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

Only been on a couple of flights since vaping. Just put the lot in the tray and all was fine. Had no leaks either but my tank wouldnt have been full so thats probly why.

Advertisement