Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transabdominal ultrasound vs transvaginal ultrasound

Options
  • 11-04-2017 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am 7 weeks pregnant and started bleeding lightly today. I know I have not passed my baby as I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks before and believe me you know when your baby is gone. I went to my doctor who sent me to gynaecology for an ultrasound. The first doctor did a scan on my stomach and thought he could just make out my baby but to be sure he asked a senior doctor to do a vaginal ultrasound. It's supposed to be clearer in early pregnancy. But the doctor could find nothing at all. I have a tilted womb which is folded over itself, called a retroflection uterus. It goes in towards my spine and therefore when I'm pregnant my bump is really small.
    My question is would it be possible that my baby would not be seen in a transvaginal ultrasound if it were in the folded over part of my womb? Anyone with a similar type of uterus or experience have the same experience?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Please refer to the charter, you will need to talk to your doctor for medical advice. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement