Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Bundle Install - very poor service

Options
  • 11-04-2017 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]First of all I'd like to say that I signed up to these forums due to the frustration, poor customer service and level of ineptitude we have received from Eir so far.
    [/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]We ordered the "Broadband, TV Essential" bundle on March 27th (over two weeks ago now), we still have not had it installed, despite a commitment on the initial phone call to have in installed on Monday the 3rd April. The following has happened since:[/font]
    ·         [font=Calibri","sans-serif]Monday 27th April: Email received with incorrect billing amounts.[/font]
    ·         [font=Calibri","sans-serif]Monday 3rd April: Phone call to Eir having taken time off work for the install - no record of installation! Also advised that they cannot change the billing amounts until post installation. Installation should happen by end of week, should receive email.[/font]
    ·         [font=Calibri","sans-serif]Wednesday 5th April, 6th April, 7th April: no email or notification received.[/font]
    ·         [font=Calibri","sans-serif]Friday 7th April: Phone call to Eir - no record of installation! Requested to speak with supervisor, no supervisor available. Given a new install date of April 21st. We were told it has been escalated and that we might hear something by the end of the day.[/font]
    ·         [font=Calibri","sans-serif]Monday 10th April: No further correspondence received from Eir. Phone call to Eir – no record of installation and refusal to allow us to speak with supervisor. Requested to ring back the next day.[/font]
    ·         [font=Calibri","sans-serif]Tuesday 11th April: Phone call to Eir – escalation has not been noted and nothing has changed with regards the install date. Pushed around to three different departments on the phone today, none had any answers, no supervisors would do anything.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]This is unacceptable in my eyes and a poor way to run a business. If Eir creates this level of frustration before the product is even installed I can only imagine the after sales service should an issue arise.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Perhaps this is not a reflection on front line customer service staff, rather on what appears to be a lack of proper procedure being put in place by Eir management & is quite simply unacceptable.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]I will be cancelling the service today, before it is even installed.[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Niall2017 wrote: »
    First of all I'd like to say that I signed up to these forums due to the frustration, poor customer service and level of ineptitude we have received from Eir so far.

We ordered the "Broadband, TV Essential" bundle on March 27th (over two weeks ago now), we still have not had it installed, despite a commitment on the initial phone call to have in installed on Monday the 3rd April. The following has happened since:
    ·         Monday 27th April: Email received with incorrect billing amounts.
    ·         Monday 3rd April: Phone call to Eir having taken time off work for the install - no record of installation! Also advised that they cannot change the billing amounts until post installation. Installation should happen by end of week, should receive email.
    ·         Wednesday 5th April, 6th April, 7th April: no email or notification received.
    ·         Friday 7th April: Phone call to Eir - no record of installation! Requested to speak with supervisor, no supervisor available. Given a new install date of April 21st. We were told it has been escalated and that we might hear something by the end of the day.
    ·         Monday 10th April: No further correspondence received from Eir. Phone call to Eir – no record of installation and refusal to allow us to speak with supervisor. Requested to ring back the next day.
    ·         Tuesday 11th April: Phone call to Eir – escalation has not been noted and nothing has changed with regards the install date. Pushed around to three different departments on the phone today, none had any answers, no supervisors would do anything.

This is unacceptable in my eyes and a poor way to run a business. If Eir creates this level of frustration before the product is even installed I can only imagine the after sales service should an issue arise.

Perhaps this is not a reflection on front line customer service staff, rather on what appears to be a lack of proper procedure being put in place by Eir management & is quite simply unacceptable.

I will be cancelling the service today, before it is even installed.
    Hi Niall2017,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I have spoken with my colleague Adam and he has advised me he has gotten back to you. 

Thanks,
    Leanne. 

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Niall2017

Hi Leanne,

Just to clarify that Eir's response (Adams reply) was that I am not named on the account.

This is despite my billing details being attached to the account and my wife having requested for my email address to be added to the account.

So is this the end of the matter in your eyes? That basically nothing will be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

Niall i totally feel your frustration….where are the sales people pulling these dates from…a black hat of magical mystery's?
    because that's what they are…a mystery! 

I haven't been able to get anyone to answer my question as to WHERE DID MY INSTALLATION DATE COME FROM? It came and went with not as much as an email….it's a complete and utter FARSE as far as I'm concerned.

A company that sells you services that it then won't/can't provide….couldnt make it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Niall2017 wrote: »
    Hi Leanne,

Just to clarify that Eir's response (Adams reply) was that I am not named on the account.

This is despite my billing details being attached to the account and my wife having requested for my email address to be added to the account.

So is this the end of the matter in your eyes? That basically nothing will be done?
    I completely understand your frustration and I apologise but I'm sure you understand that we must follow data protection laws in order to protect our customers. If you could get the account holder to contact us directly we would be more than happy to help you. -Anna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

guideanna wrote: »
    Niall i totally feel your frustration….where are the sales people pulling these dates from…a black hat of magical mystery's?
    because that's what they are…a mystery! 

I haven't been able to get anyone to answer my question as to WHERE DID MY INSTALLATION DATE COME FROM? It came and went with not as much as an email….it's a complete and utter FARSE as far as I'm concerned.

A company that sells you services that it then won't/can't provide….couldnt make it up!
    I'm sorry you feel this way.

I have replied to you on your other thread if you would like to PM me I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

Apologies for the inconvenience that has been caused.

Anna.

• Advertisement
Advertisement