Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike Replacement Parts

• 11-04-2017 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,

I am starting a new thread as I am at my witt's end trying to find replacement parts for my 09 Yamaha FZ6 S2.

I took a wee spill a few weeks ago on a slick patch. Was at very slow speed so no personal injury. Only my pride and my bike took a hit. A slider took the brunt of it, but my right-side peg and mounting plate took a hit.

Long story short I'm looking for a new peg assembly and I cannot seem to locate one. Perhaps this thread can serve as a location to share information on where is best to source parts like this.

If anyone could help me out, or would like to share something that might benefit another rider, please do hit the thread up.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Hi All,

I am starting a new thread as I am at my witt's end trying to find replacement parts for my 09 Yamaha FZ6 S2.

I took a wee spill a few weeks ago on a slick patch. Was at very slow speed so no personal injury. Only my pride and my bike took a hit. A slider took the brunt of it, but my right-side peg and mounting plate took a hit.

Long story short I'm looking for a new peg assembly and I cannot seem to locate one. Perhaps this thread can serve as a location to share information on where is best to source parts like this.

If anyone could help me out, or would like to share something that might benefit another rider, please do hit the thread up.

Cheers!

DanFay....Yamaha Ireland.
    61D Sallynoggin Rd Lower, Thomastown, Dun Laoghaire,

01 285 9177

Ask for Dave.

He will look after you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

• Registered Users Posts: 4 harfinator767

I am primarily looking for the frame that the peg is mounted onto. One of the peg mounting lugs/tabs broke off in the spill...

DanFay....Yamaha Ireland.
    61D Sallynoggin Rd Lower, Thomastown, Dun Laoghaire,

01 285 9177

Ask for Dave.

He will look after you.
    I will give Dave a shout, thanks

• Advertisement

Sounds like its a right rearset you are after. A pic might help clarify.
    I think its going to be expensive brand new. Try ebay and breakers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Looking for a rear shock for an 06/07 zx10 here aswell been scouring ebay for ages with no luck, the links GBX dropped have no spares, anyone have an idea where I might find one?

Good idea for a thread I think :)

Try facebook groups or maybe a zx10 forum. Forum should have a buy/sell section

goodlad wrote: »
    Try facebook groups or maybe a zx10 forum. Forum should have a buy/sell section
    I t seems I can't post links or pics because I am a new Boards user... :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Goose81

Don't even think of ringing danfay unless you want a mortgage, eBay is your friend for used parts, use parcel motel for delivery mate.

• Advertisement

Goose81 wrote: »
    Don't even think of ringing danfay unless you want a mortgage, eBay is your friend for used parts, use parcel motel for delivery mate.

Funny you say that,because anytime Im in getting parts off them.,Dave looks after me and he often beats Fowlers prices in the UK.

Parts are allways here within 2 day of ordering,if not allready on the shelf in Danfay.

And yes,Im a bit of an ebay shopper myself,Yamaha,BMW and Ducati Parts.
    Suzuki Burgman parts now too.......haha.:pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Funny you say that,because anytime Im in getting parts off them.,Dave looks after me and he often beats Fowlers prices in the UK.

Parts are allways here within 2 day of ordering,if not allready on the shelf in Danfay.

Suzuki you say?
    Robinson's Foundry it'll be for you so!! :D

blade1 wrote: »
    Suzuki you say?

Gonna change the rollers in it to 16g rollers and see how fast she will get from 0-60mph now.:D

Gonna change the rollers in it to 16g rollers and see how fast she will get from 0-60mph now.:D

About a billionth of a second faster I'd say!!:pac:

About a billionth of a second faster I'd say!!:pac:

Ah sure if I dont do it then I wont know.....:pac:

Right now I need a bath,Mondello trackday took a bit out of me legs and back today,great craic though.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Right now I need a bath,Mondello trackday took a bit out of me legs and back today,great craic though.:D

Any video footage? Gopro etc etc

Wish i had a Mondello nearish to me.
    Although I did scrape my hero blob coming around Youghal Bridge yesterday!!:pac:

Btw, are there more check points up yere way in the last few weeks?
    I've had 4 since last Thursday (2 yesterday)
    Just asked had I tax.
    I just pointed at the roundy thing covering the number plate.
    They just said drive on each time!!:D

Wish i had a Mondello nearish to me.
    Although I did scrape my hero blob coming around Youghal Bridge yesterday!!:pac:

Btw, are there more check points up yere way in the last few weeks?
    I've had 4 since last Thursday (2 yesterday)
    Just asked had I tax.
    I just pointed at the roundy thing covering the number plate.
    They just said drive on each time!!:D

havent seen any checkpoints,but noticed alot more police cars out patroling allright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Goose81

Suzuki you say?

I meant he would be mad to buy brand new parts from Yamaha for a 2009 bike, he should use buy used on eBay .

Regarding Suzuki parts you should try priory in Dublin if you are buying new, they are way quicker than Robinson foundry.

I just presumed cause they are in the UK they would be cheaper, so ordered gasket sets and bolts from Robinson's in 2 seperate orders. Absolute jokers, took 2 -3 weeks for them to even get them before shipping to me.

Went to priory and your man had them in from Japan in 2 days. They order on Tues and Thurs . If you order Tues he will have it Thurs.

They actually supply certain parts to Robinson's in the uk, I didn't tell you that though

Advertisement