Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nuggs for Carter

• 11-04-2017 11:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Summing up how powerful social media can be - and how ridiculous the world we live in is at times - Carter Wilkerson has managed to convince Wendy's to give him free chicken nuggets for a year if he manages to get 18 million retweets.

https://twitter.com/carterjwm/status/849813577770778624/photo/1

He's already up to 2.5m, making his the third most retweeted tweet ever! Microsoft, Google, GameStop, LinkedIn, and others have gotten behind this push and the chap has (of course) gotten plenty of press coverage. He's also producing t-shirts (but to be fair, the profits are going to charity, so it's nice to see him using his 15 minutes of fame well).

Has Carter lowballed it by only asking for a year of free nuggets? 18million is a lot of retweets...and great promotion for Wendy's!

So, what are you taking to social media to get for free? I'm off to petition for KitKat Chunkys!

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Tendies are what it's at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MillField

I'd also look for nuggs, but from McDonalds instead of Wendys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

You'd be fierce sick of chicken nuggets within a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Carter Wankerson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

A real-life twitter celebrity!

• Advertisement

I hate those so lame efforts at advertising that people on social media swallow as a real effort by some kid to get some reward. Wends must be laughing at the gullibility of the 2.5 million suckers so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

I will be asking for free abortions oh wait can't get those yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

MillField wrote: »

Whats the point without the szechuan sauce!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Nuggs is a horrible bastardisation of the word Nuggets.

It hurts my brain to think of the word and my mouth to vocalise it. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

biko wrote: »
    A real-life twitter celebrity!

I read that as...
    A real-life celebrity twit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Wendy's are probably delighted, free advertising for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Apparently the retweets so far have been worth $72,000 dollars in advertising for Wendys and a year's worth of (I ain't saying nuggs) nuggets would cost less than a grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

I'm sure Wendy's Chicken Nuggets will be Wendy's Nuggs (TM) before too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Wendy's ... "Get some Nuggs".

The Wendy Twitter team are generally ahead of the curve, I can't believe folk think this is genuine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

The guy is really bold. Surely eating a whole years supply of Wendy's nuggets will give you cancer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

mad muffin wrote: »
    The guy is really bold. Surely eating a whole years supply of Wendy's nuggets will give you cancer?

Probably give him the runs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

MillField wrote: »

I'd be happy with nugs also, but from my mate who is a cannabis retailer.It would be a big ask in the current climate though,people like my friend are genuinely worried for their livelihoods if the unshaven lefties with no understanding of simple economics have their way and we go the way of an increasing amount of states in the US and legalise recreational use.Medical use,fine.But for people independently supplying dope for decades,the consequences would be catastrophic, and I use that term lightly. For a majority of them,an education beyond junior cert level(where I was raised at least) is a luxury that they were simply never afforded.The only opportunity to 'upskill' for many would be to use their guile along some networking to establish themselves as purveyors of class As. Most are a dab hand at bookkeeping/accounts, but that means sweet FA without a degree or somesuch to prove it. Im rambling now sorry,back to that Carter fellow,you'd think he would've chosen a better item from the menu.If you seen how those things are manufactured your stomach would churn.You make the right call on McDonald's though,they use chicken breast at least.All the other fast food places still use reconstituted 'chicken meat' for their chicken nuggets to the best of my knowledge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Whether or not he gets free nuggets (apparently he will, but unknown how many per day), Carter Wilkerson has broken the record for most retweeted tweet: https://www.theverge.com/tldr/2017/5/9/15346558/wendys-chicken-nugget-tweet-record-most-retweets

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

fair play to him

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

What I would like to know is how does Jonny get Nuggs :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Sounds like a marriage made in heaven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

#hookersfornoveight

Early stages, but I'm remaining hopeful.

Advertisement