Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa Barbara to Monterey

Options
  • 11-04-2017 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We'll be taking a week long road trip between Santa Barbara and Monterey in a few weeks time. We have accom booked in Santa Barbara, Pismo Beach & Monterey for 2 nights each.

Our plan was to take Highway 1 for the entire trip but due to recent land slides and an ongoing bridge reconstruction we will need to detour inland for part of the trip. On Highway 1, Ragged Point to Big Sur Station is pretty much inaccessible so we're planning to take Highway 1 north from Pismo Beach as far as CA-46 (north of Harmony) and then join Highway 101 south of Paso Robles and continue to Monterey. From Monterey we will be able to travel Highway 1 south to Big Sur.

Has anyone driven Highway 101 between Paso Robles and Salinas before and if so is there anywhere that we should not miss near to or on that route?

Any/all help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

I've driven it, not much to see tbh. once you get back route 1 you'll be fine.
    Ragged point isn't scheduled to be fixed any time soon so it's a pain if you want to do the coast road.

A week long road trip for that journey seems interesting. I've brought the kids up to the Aquarium there and drove back all in the one day, it's not that bad a drive (granted I took the 101 there and back).

Advertisement