Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo Greenway Bike Hire

Options
  • 11-04-2017 1:04pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Last thread I could find was 3 years old, and was more about suitability of particular bikes. I'm heading to Mayo next week and myself and herself are planning on doing the Greenway from Achill to Westport. I'm going to skip the hassle of bringing my own bike, even if it would be more comfortable and just rent some. Anyone got any recommendations as there seem to be a few in the area.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭lissard

I've used a crowd called Clew Bay Bike Hire (http://www.clewbaybikehire.ie/). We rented an adult bike with a tag-along from the Mulranny centre. The location couldn't be better given it's right on the Greenway. The staff were very helpful and we were provided with everything we needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

We used this crowd a few years ago:

http://www.clewbaybikehire.ie/

There's car parking just up from them (you'll see it on google maps).
    You can cycle from one end of the greenway to the other and get a shuttle bus back.
    I had no complaints about the service.

btw in Westport John J O'Malleys does quality food and Matt Molloys is always good for a few pints and music.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i note they do premium bikes - what sort of range of bikes do they have? in terms of quality and sizing?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Excellent, that's the crowd i was leaning towards as they'll bus us to Achill and collect bikes but wanted some real feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭lissard

From what I remember it was mostly Giant and Trek commuter and mountain bikes that they stocked. The surface of the greenway is smooth but at the same time it's not asphalt, I would be rushing to hire a road bike for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I've also used Clew bay bike hire a few times and would have no problem using them again. Location is perfect, staff friendly and the bus drop off very handy. The bike I got was just some sort of hybrid and did the job without being anything special, don't know what the premium bikes are like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

The bike I got was just some sort of hybrid and did the job without being anything special, don't know what the premium bikes are like.

I don't remember giving out about the bike so must have been decent enough!!

Advertisement