Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Vine Weevil Nematodes

Options
  • 11-04-2017 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

In the past we have used SuperNemo nematodes for controlling the vine weevil in our fruit garden; unfortunately they are not available to the retail market in Ireland this year.
    Are there any other places where we can order vine weevil nematodes that will send them within/to Ireland ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭paulbok

Use parcel Motel to get delivered from Amazon.co.uk via the North.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

Why are they not selling in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 allifin

Thanks Paulbok, I'll give that a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 allifin

When I went onto the Johnstown Garden Centre website to order the nematodes for this Spring, I found the following notice.

SUPERNEMO
    Notice from Supernemos regarding supply in 2017
    Besides the issue of finding someone neutral to distribute the SuperNemos product, there is also the unfortunate reality that while the product is very popular in some outlets, it has not reached a level of national sales that can justify further investment of time and energy. We are making some progress on the large scale commercial sales and will be focusing our efforts there this year.
    I will review the situation later in the year and hope we can return to the retail market in 2018 or 2019. However for the foreseeable future it will not be available. - Supernemos Team

Advertisement