Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank transfer.

• 11-04-2017 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭

Honestly, it's 2017.

Walked info my local bank this morning to make a large Bank transfer (+€10k) to another Irish bank account.

Anyway, firstly i was asked if i wanted it transferred quicker, which would be subject to €25 fee. Then advised the transfer would have to go across to the branch where i originally opened my account for the transfer to be facilitated.

I told them i would drive straight there today, and do the whole transfer from there, but i was advised that i would miss the cut off, of 1100am :confused:

Wait. The bank opens at 10am, and their cut off time for transferring money from one Irish acc, to another irish acc is one hour after they open?

On top of that, if i want my money to reach my intended recipient "quicker" i have to pay €25, and they still won't see the money for almost two days?

Where's my money in the meantime? Why do i have to pay extra for them to receive it quicker, and why is the cut off time one hour after opening time?

Joke.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

This is their subtle way of hinting that you should do it online, as you say it is 2017.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If you do it online before 11am it'll be there the following day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

srsly78 wrote: »
    This is their subtle way of hinting that you should do it online, as you say it is 2017.

Believe you me i would have, but they have the subtle way of not letting you transfer more than a certain amount of money online, and the only way to do so is in branch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Yeah they all seem to have different limits for this. Just do it in multiple transfers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭JimmyTClarke

In UB they'll do it for you in any branch. Even the 'slow' transfer generally arrives with the beneficiary on the same day once it's done before 2pm. At the latest, they'll have it the following day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

srsly78 wrote: »
    Yeah they all seem to have different limits for this. Just do it in multiple transfers?

Don't have the time, I needed to do mine in one lump sum, i need to have it all boxed off for Friday (i need the receipt that I've paid by then)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Delta2113

'God Save Ireland' as Irene would say -pushing everything online but the limits are too low.

Advertisement