Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Jogger City Mini GT with buggy board

Options
  • 11-04-2017 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I currently have a Baby Jogger City Mini GT buggy which I love. My daughter will be three in June and I am due another baby in July. Given the age gap, I am obviously unwilling to go down the route of a double buggy, so I am hoping to get by with just my City Mini. My daughter is great for walking, but I do walk a lot (dog) so it wouldn’t be feasible to have her walk the whole way. I am hoping to get a carrier for the baby, but I think it would be nice to have the option of the buggy with buggy board too. Just looking at the shape of the buggy, it seems to me a buggy board would be really awkward? That is would have to stick too far out the back to avoid the handle so the person pushing would be at a really bad angle? I’m just wondering has anyone used a buggy board successfully with this model and if so, which type? I know Baby Jogger have their own buggy board, so would that be the best option? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Caher123

Hi,
    Just wondering did you go ahead and use buggy board with bjcm gt? If so how do you find it? Also how do you find the buggy with a newborn. I will have a 2yr 3mo old with new born and considering this option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I ended up buying a baby jogger glider board second hand on Adverts. I’m
    So glad I didn’t fork out for a new one, it was an absolute disaster. I couldn’t push the buggy without banging my shins into the buggy board and I had to walk at a really weird angle to push it (and I’m 5ft 7 so it’s not that I’m too short) My daughter also had to lean back really far so that she wasn’t banging her head on the handle. So no, definitely wouldn’t recommend! What we tend to do is use a combination of the buggy and a sling and very often my daughter sits on the end of the buggy if she’s tired so that works for us.

I found the city mini gt perfect for the newborn, if I were doing it again, I might try and get some sort of insert to stop their head moving about when they are very, very small. Sort of like the newborn insert in the maxi cosi.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Caher123

ncmc wrote: »
    I ended up buying a baby jogger glider board second hand on Adverts. I’m
    So glad I didn’t fork out for a new one, it was an absolute disaster. I couldn’t push the buggy without banging my shins into the buggy board and I had to walk at a really weird angle to push it (and I’m 5ft 7 so it’s not that I’m too short) My daughter also had to lean back really far so that she wasn’t banging her head on the handle. So no, definitely wouldn’t recommend! What we tend to do is use a combination of the buggy and a sling and very often my daughter sits on the end of the buggy if she’s tired so that works for us.

I found the city mini gt perfect for the newborn, if I were doing it again, I might try and get some sort of insert to stop their head moving about when they are very, very small. Sort of like the newborn insert in the maxi cosi.

Ok thanks a million for the feedback. The accessories are expensive for the gt so good to know the board isn't worth it before buying it.

Advertisement