Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site opposite Mount Symon

Options
  • 11-04-2017 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

There seems to have been some activity in the last week or so on this site behind Castlefield / opposite Mount Symon. Does anybody know what's happening? Just a few containers and portacabin so far. Is work due to start soon? Hopefully it's not being used as a storage site for containers etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

My dad was up getting petrol today and asked in Cunningham's. Apparently at least part of it is an access road to the new cemetery.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

New cemetery?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Yeah there's to be one near the back road to Lucan across the fields. This is land my grandfather owned years ago so my dad got asked for proof of ground rent.

Anyway from nosing round the planning applications Roderic O Gorman has a link to planning for apartments and shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Codpeas

amtc wrote: »
    Yeah there's to be one near the back road to Lucan across the fields. This is land my grandfather owned years ago so my dad got asked for proof of ground rent.

Anyway from nosing round the planning applications Roderic O Gorman has a link to planning for apartments and shop.

Think you're talking about something else. If I'm right the OP is talking about the site that is bordered by Clonsilla Link Road and Ongar Distributor Road that has Castlefield at the back of it.

Looks like they have started to tear down the massive earth mound that has been sitting there for quite sometime - whether that's in preparation for developing the site or just being repurposed elsewhere - I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

My bedroom window overlooks this piece of land (if it's the one bordered by Castlefield and Charnwood that is). I think it's just being used as a storage area for a build somewhere else..possibly up at Hansfield Wood? I've seen a large van drive in and out, dropping stuff off and collecting items. Also saw a digger taking away the huge concrete rings the other day.

With the demand for housing I'm very surprised building hasn't recommenced yet. Maybe the owner of the land isn't in a financial position to start

• Advertisement
Advertisement