Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate free Easter eggs for kids?

Options
  • 11-04-2017 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

Any one know if there is anything like a sugar free Easter egg available in the shops. We don't give our child chocolate but want her to have the experience. In Sligo.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

All I can think of is the Moo brand which are Dairy, gluten, GM, soya free.

I'm sure there's a sugar free easter egg, but I'm thinking of diabetic chocolate which could have adverse affect on toddler
    Any one know if there is anything like a sugar free Easter egg available in the shops. We don't give our child chocolate but want her to have the experience. In Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

This is the only one I really know of.

http://www.chocolates.ie/?ECProduct=252

Theirs lot of stuff such as dairy, Gluten, etc free from eggs out their.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

No, unless you get her small plastic ones and put a treat of your choosing in them.

Aldi do dairy free,gluten free etc eggs but they are still chocolate.

I bought mine an easter teddy at that age.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

You could dye ordinary hens eggs in different colours, lots of ideas for using onion skins and turmeric with a quick google search you'll see the techniques.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

There's large paper ones in tiger, you could put a toy inside?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

Unless the kid has an allergy surely chocolate once a year would be ok? The experience IS the chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Moonbeam wrote: »
    No, unless you get her small plastic ones and put a treat of your choosing in them.

Aldi do dairy free,gluten free etc eggs but they are still chocolate.

I bought mine an easter teddy at that age.

I like the idea of the Easter teddy, cheers.

Unless the kid has an allergy surely chocolate once a year would be ok? The experience IS the chocolate.

I'm sure that she gets it from her relatives when we're not there, and when she starts going to birthday parties it is going to be impossible to stop her, we just want to go for as long as she can without getting hooked on the stuff, and starts demanding it.

There's large paper ones in tiger, you could put a toy inside?

Gonna look into this, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I'm sure that she gets it from her relatives when we're not there, and when she starts going to birthday parties it is going to be impossible to stop her, we just want to go for as long as she can without getting hooked on the stuff, and starts demanding it.

You have the power here to say no. She won't get hooked and won't be going out buying it for herself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

They don't demand it if you don't let them demand it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

January wrote: »
    They don't demand it if you don't let them demand it :)

Completely agree with this. It's Easter after all. One or two eggs won't do them any harm. Everything in moderation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

I think it depends on how old the child is? Like growing up I rarely got sweets and chocolate so Easter was a massive deal I look fondly back on the memories of counting how many eggs I got!! On the other hand I see babies being fed chocolate and while they may like it, it's pointless.

If you're torn, buy a dark chocolate egg...I'm an adult and I think that stuff is muck lol

Beanybabog wrote: »
    I think it depends on how old the child is? Like growing up I rarely got sweets and chocolate so Easter was a massive deal I look fondly back on the memories of counting how many eggs I got!! On the other hand I see babies being fed chocolate and while they may like it, it's pointless.

If you're torn, buy a dark chocolate egg...I'm an adult and I think that stuff is muck lol

I prefer dark chocolate, some "dark" chocolate has nearly as much sugar as regular chocolate though. 70% or 80% chocolate Easter eggs have proved hard to find.

Went with some of the advice above. Went to Flying Tiger shop. They had a nice little egg painting thing.

Advertisement