If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG OLED55B6V Availibility

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rahman688

Tonio,

at £1699 its not economically viable to ship it - however I have just updated the site to allow you to purchase online at £1699 with shipping at £36.99 - of of course you can purchase in euro at €2149 including shipping and both prices include our famous 6 year 'at home' warranty.

If you give the site a few mins to update you will be able to click to buy.

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

Hi John

I'm keen to grab a 55b6 with shipping to Dublin and was wondering whether you could organise for online purchase.

Cheers
    Adrian

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

rahman688 wrote: »
    Tonio,

at £1699 its not economically viable to ship it - however I have just updated the site to allow you to purchase online at £1699 with shipping at £36.99 - of of course you can purchase in euro at €2149 including shipping and both prices include our famous 6 year 'at home' warranty.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

Hi John

I'm keen to grab a 55b6 with shipping to Dublin and was wondering whether you could organise for online purchase.

Cheers
    Adrian
    Hi Adrian.

Unfortunatley the 55B6has now dropped further in price to £1599 and is now an instore only collection and can not be shipped. It MUST be collected from the store here in Belfast.

I can have one held for you to collect if you fancy the short trip up to us here in Belfast.

Tonio,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

Hi John

Cheers
    Adrian
    Hi Adrian.

Unfortunatley the 55B6has now dropped further in price to £1599 and is now an instore only collection and can not be shipped. It MUST be collected from the store here in Belfast.

I can have one held for you to collect if you fancy the short trip up to us here in Belfast.
    Hi Kenny

Thanks for getting back to me.  Unfortunately, collection from Belfast is not viable for me.

Is there any particular reason why it's collection-only? I ask as some online retailers (e.g amazon etc are doing free UK delivery for £1599).

Anyways, please let me know if the situation changes as I'm ready to pay £1599 + delivery now (online or over the phone).

Cheers
    Adrian

Tonio,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

Hi John

Cheers
    Adrian
    Hi Adrian.

Hi Kenny

Thanks for getting back to me.  Unfortunately, collection from Belfast is not viable for me.

Is there any particular reason why it's collection-only? I ask as some online retailers (e.g amazon etc are doing free UK delivery for £1599).

Anyways, please let me know if the situation changes as I'm ready to pay £1599 + delivery now (online or over the phone).

Cheers
    Adrian
    Hi Adrian.

Sometimes products become in store only if stock gets tight to try and make stock available for customer traveling to the store.
    Also as John mentioned above, sometime it is not economically viable to ship some products.

Amazon do offer free UK shipping at £1599 but it a one year warranty, where as we give our 6 year free of charge with ours.
    Also if you change to Southern Ireland shipping (Dublin) in recalculates the VAT. Amazon pricing is all listed with UK VAT.
    It also changes from being able to ship to not being able to ship this screen to the South of Ireland.

Amazon will not even ship this screen to Northern Ireland. Seems to be Mainland UK only.

Tonio,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

Hi John

Cheers
    Adrian
    Hi Adrian.

Hi Kenny

Cheers
    Adrian
    Hi Adrian.

Sometimes products become in store only if stock gets tight to try and make stock available for customer traveling to the store.
    Also as John mentioned above, sometime it is not economically viable to ship some products.

Amazon do offer free UK shipping at £1599 but it a one year warranty, where as we give our 6 year free of charge with ours.
    Also if you change to Southern Ireland shipping (Dublin) in recalculates the VAT. Amazon pricing is all listed with UK VAT.
    It also changes from being able to ship to not being able to ship this screen to the South of Ireland.

Amazon will not even ship this screen to Northern Ireland. Seems to be Mainland UK only.
    Thanks for the info, Kenny. Understood re: Amazon - although you would have expected things to be much simpler/easier with sales within EU, UK and NI/Ireland.

Feel free to drop me a line if the situation changes.

Cheers
    Adrian

• Advertisement

Tonio,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

Hi John

Cheers
    Adrian
    Hi Adrian.

Hi Kenny

Cheers
    Adrian
    Hi Adrian.

Thanks for the info, Kenny. Understood re: Amazon - although you would have expected things to be much simpler/easier with sales within EU, UK and NI/Ireland.

Feel free to drop me a line if the situation changes.

Cheers
    Adrian
    No problem Adrian.

Should anything change at our end I'll drop you a message via boards.

Great. Thanks, Kenny.

Great. Thanks, Kenny.
    Hi Adrian.

Again sorry I could not help on getting the 55B6 shipped to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

That's poor form. You mentioned sometimes it's not economically viable to ship, but in this instance the potential buyer is more than willing to pay postage costs so that's not a valid point.

You also mention sometimes items are store only so as to conserve tight stock for customers visiting the store. So it would be fair to assume us customers on boards are not as valued as instore customers.
    The man is willing to shell out £1599 & delivery fee on a tv and you will not accommodate him. Who knows what other bits and bobs he was going to purchase down the line.

I've been looking out for one of these myself, and to see it's in store only now leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

@Kenny - no worries.  I understand your position even if it is rather frustrating from my end. Hopefully the other guys will work out well.

@ Kaizersoze81 - it's frustrating but sometimes retailers take odd positions (especially in this case given its just end of line stock). I'm sure Kenny and John would have made it work if they could have - no point shooting the messenger. FWIW I've placed an online order with a reputable UK mainland retailer which appears prepared to ship to Ireland (£1599 with LG 5 yr warranty and very reasonable delivery cost).  Happy to pm you details once the order's more progressed (only automatic order confirmation so far) if you'd like.

Cheers
    Adrian

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

That's poor form. You mentioned sometimes it's not economically viable to ship, but in this instance the potential buyer is more than willing to pay postage costs so that's not a valid point.

You also mention sometimes items are store only so as to conserve tight stock for customers visiting the store. So it would be fair to assume us customers on boards are not as valued as instore customers.
    The man is willing to shell out £1599 & delivery fee on a tv and you will not accommodate him. Who knows what other bits and bobs he was going to purchase down the line.

I've been looking out for one of these myself, and to see it's in store only now leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.
    Kaizersoze81,

many thanks for your post and apologies that we have annoyed you.

We restrict some products to 'In-Store' only for many reasons - the 55B6 at £1599 is in heavy demand and remaining stock is really tight - if we opened it for 'click-to buy' we would wipe out all our stocks overnight ( and a good chunk of the UK stocks!).

We do list this model as available in-store so we think that its important that we try to keep physical stock available whenever possible in-store for Customers that take the time to travel to us.

It's not that we don't value our Boardie Customers - if you follow our forum here you will see that is 100% NOT the case - but we value ALL our Customers and its clear and not in any way misleading that the item is not available for shipping online - however if you drove 20 or 30 or 100 miles to collect the unit you would be really disappointed it it wasn't available for collection? ( We may even run out of in-store stock of this model this week, so please do reserve a unit if you intend to travel!) and that's why we reserve tight stocks for in-store Customers.

Thanks again for the post - if stock frees up or anything else changes it may become available to ship again and either Kenny or myself will pop a post up to keep you guys posted.

@Adrian - thx for your understanding!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Guys FYI,

we have some fresh stocks of the incoming so we will reopen it 'click-to-buy' online from today at just £1599 / €1999 ( The Euro pricing includes delivery AND our famous 6 year warranty) - you can check it out here:

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202067-oled55b6v.aspx
    (sterling - £1599)

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202067-oled55b6v.aspx?swapstore=1
    (Euro - €1999)

I don't expect them to last long!

Thanks and as ever drop me a line if you have any queries or if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ryanno

Guys FYI,

we have some fresh stocks of the incoming so we will reopen it 'click-to-buy' online from today at just £1599 / €1999 ( The Euro pricing includes delivery AND our famous 6 year warranty) - you can check it out here:

(sterling - £1599)

(Euro - €1999)

Thanks and as ever drop me a line if you have any queries or if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & crew
    Hi John,

I am in 2 minds of taking the plunge for this model or the 65 inch. Have you any specials in the pipeline for the big brother of the B6??

The other option would be to hang on until later in the year for the B7. Is the newer model worth the extra or is there little difference in the PQ?

thanks,

Ryanno.

Ryanno wrote: »
    Guys FYI,

(sterling - £1599)

(Euro - €1999)

ATVB,

John Mc & crew
    Hi John,

I am in 2 minds of taking the plunge for this model or the 65 inch. Have you any specials in the pipeline for the big brother of the B6??

The other option would be to hang on until later in the year for the B7. Is the newer model worth the extra or is there little difference in the PQ?

thanks,

Ryanno.
    Nice PM sent ;)

..don't open it unless you want to raid the old credit card...:pac:

Keep me posted...

ATVB,

John Mc

Guys FYI,

(sterling - £1599)

(Euro - €1999)

ATVB,

John Mc & crew
    Hi John,

thanks,

Ryanno.
    Nice PM sent ;)

Keep me posted...

ATVB,

John Mc
    Sorry, just picked my jaw off the floor now......

PM back at you!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Kaizersoze81,

Please take a moment to read the Charter for this forum - opinion/commentary on discussions between RS and other Boardies is not appropriate here, as follows from the Charter:
    As a general principle, if you're not asking Richersounds for a quote/information/involved in a deal here, it's usually best to proceed with caution. A more judicious approach to interventions and expressing opinions is needed here than would otherwise prevail in a general discussion area, such as the Home Entertainment Forums.

If you see a post which is looking for a quote or advice from RS, please resist the urge to offer your opinion ! Such queries are not an open invitation for posters to make suggestions etc, these queries should be left to RS to answer. If queries or requests for quotes attracted everyone's opinion, the forum would be unworkable. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

If you have an opinion on some matter related to the items that Richersounds sells, or you wish to give people the benefit of your advice on some related issue, Please do not post it in this forum ! There are other fora on Boards in the Tech section on Home Entertainment or TV related topics, or in the Consumer fora, which are suitable locations for endowing Boardies with the benefit of any advice or opinion you wish to offer. Bearing in mind the purpose of this forum, posts along the lines described here are not appropriate and will be suitably snipped or deleted without warning. This approach is taken to ensure the workability of this particular forum and to ensure that general advice and discursive posts are made in the appropriate forum. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

I realise that it might appear as though this is being brought to your attention because of the critical tone in respect of RS in the first two paragraphs of your post - I assure you that this is not the case, your comments here refer to the dealings of another Boards member and a query in which you have no involvement.

Given that John has replied to the substance of your post I'm leaving it intact but would ask you to read the Charter before posting on this forum again.

If you have any queries in relation to this please feel free to PM me, as per the Charter, do not post about it on this thread.

Ritz.

Guys FYI,

(sterling - £1599)

(Euro - €1999)

ATVB,

John Mc & crew
    Thanks John.  Order placed.

Guys FYI,

(sterling - £1599)

(Euro - €1999)

ATVB,

John Mc & crew
    Thanks rahman688,

We received your order this morning, I will get it processed for you asap!

Kind regards

David

Guys FYI,

(sterling - £1599)

(Euro - €1999)

ATVB,

John Mc & crew
    Thanks rahman688,

We received your order this morning, I will get it processed for you asap!

Kind regards

David
    Great. Muchos gracias!

Guys FYI,

(sterling - £1599)

(Euro - €1999)

ATVB,

John Mc & crew
    Hi John,

thanks,

Ryanno.
    Nice PM sent ;)

Keep me posted...

ATVB,

John Mc
    Hi John,

Sent a PM back yesterday. Any update on this?

thanks.

• Advertisement

Guys FYI,

(sterling - £1599)

(Euro - €1999)

ATVB,

John Mc & crew
    Hi John,

thanks,

Ryanno.
    Nice PM sent ;)

Keep me posted...

ATVB,

John Mc
    Hi John,

thanks.
    Hi Ryanna.

John is off until tomorrow due to the bank holiday weekend.

If you want to forward me the PM's I'll see if I can help.

Guys FYI,

(sterling - £1599)

(Euro - €1999)

ATVB,

John Mc & crew
    Hi John,

thanks,

Ryanno.
    Nice PM sent ;)

Keep me posted...

ATVB,

John Mc
    Hi John,

thanks.
    Hi Ryanna.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for coming back to me. I had an idea he must have got released for the weekend - well deserved, I'm sure. If either John or yourself can call me tomorrow in relation to the 65 G6 i'd appreciate it.

thanks,

Mick

Guys FYI,

(sterling - £1599)

(Euro - €1999)

ATVB,

John Mc & crew
    Hi John,

thanks,

Ryanno.
    Nice PM sent ;)

Keep me posted...

ATVB,

John Mc
    Hi John,

thanks.
    Hi Ryanna.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for coming back to me. I had an idea he must have got released for the weekend - well deserved, I'm sure. If either John or yourself can call me tomorrow in relation to the 65 G6 i'd appreciate it.

thanks,

Mick
    Hi Mick,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you, it's been mental in store today! If you PM us with a phone number we'll give you a shout back.

Kind regards

David

Guys FYI,

(sterling - £1599)

(Euro - €1999)

ATVB,

John Mc & crew
    Hi John,

thanks,

Ryanno.
    Nice PM sent ;)

Keep me posted...

ATVB,

John Mc
    Hi John,

thanks.
    Hi Ryanna.

Hi Kenny,

thanks,

Mick
    Hi Mick,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you, it's been mental in store today! If you PM us with a phone number we'll give you a shout back.

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

PM sent.

Thanks,
    Mick

Guys FYI,

(sterling - £1599)

(Euro - €1999)

ATVB,

John Mc & crew
    Hi John,

thanks,

Ryanno.
    Nice PM sent ;)

Keep me posted...

ATVB,

John Mc
    Hi John,

thanks.
    Hi Ryanna.

Hi Kenny,

thanks,

Mick
    Hi Mick,

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

PM sent.

Thanks,
    Mick
    Thanks for taking the call earlier Mick.

:D

Guys FYI,

(sterling - £1599)

(Euro - €1999)

ATVB,

John Mc & crew
    Hi John,

thanks,

Ryanno.
    Nice PM sent ;)

Keep me posted...

ATVB,

John Mc
    Hi John,

thanks.
    Hi Ryanna.

Hi Kenny,

thanks,

Mick
    Hi Mick,

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

PM sent.

Thanks,
    Mick

Thanks Kenny/John,

I cannot wait to take delivery of my new 65 OLED G6. You made paying all that money way toooo easy :)

Let me know when to expect delivery and how much it would be for installation.

Regards,

Mick

Guys FYI,

(sterling - £1599)

(Euro - €1999)

ATVB,

John Mc & crew
    Hi John,

thanks,

Ryanno.
    Nice PM sent ;)

Keep me posted...

ATVB,

John Mc
    Hi John,

thanks.
    Hi Ryanna.

Hi Kenny,

thanks,

Mick
    Hi Mick,

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

PM sent.

Thanks,
    Mick

Thanks Kenny/John,

I cannot wait to take delivery of my new 65 OLED G6. You made paying all that money way toooo easy :)

Regards,

Mick
    Hi Mick, your TV is leaving the store today and should be with you by Monday at the latest. I would have to look into installation for you as we usually can only do installations within a 10 mile radius from the store. The price is £67 per hour but I would need to check if installation would be available for you.

Kind regards

David

Thanks David,

I would appreciate an update regarding the install. Due to the thinnesss and the size (and cost) of the unit, I would much prefer the install to be done by a professional. If not possible from yourselves, could you recommend someone in Dublin?

Thanks,

Mick
    Guys FYI,

(sterling - £1599)

(Euro - €1999)

ATVB,

John Mc & crew
    Hi John,

thanks,

Ryanno.
    Nice PM sent ;)

Keep me posted...

ATVB,

John Mc
    Hi John,

thanks.
    Hi Ryanna.

Hi Kenny,

thanks,

Mick
    Hi Mick,

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

PM sent.

Thanks,
    Mick

Thanks Kenny/John,

Regards,

Mick
    Hi Mick, your TV is leaving the store today and should be with you by Monday at the latest. I would have to look into installation for you as we usually can only do installations within a 10 mile radius from the store. The price is £67 per hour but I would need to check if installation would be available for you.

Kind regards

David

Thanks David,

I would appreciate an update regarding the install. Due to the thinnesss and the size (and cost) of the unit, I would much prefer the install to be done by a professional. If not possible from yourselves, could you recommend someone in Dublin?

Thanks,

Mick
    Guys FYI,

(sterling - £1599)

(Euro - €1999)

ATVB,

John Mc & crew
    Hi John,

thanks,

Ryanno.
    Nice PM sent ;)

Keep me posted...

ATVB,

John Mc
    Hi John,

thanks.
    Hi Ryanna.

Hi Kenny,

thanks,

Mick
    Hi Mick,

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

PM sent.

Thanks,
    Mick

Thanks Kenny/John,

Regards,

Mick

Kind regards

David
    Hi Mick, just sent you a PM if you want to reply through PM.

Many thanks!

David

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Nyutu

Hello there, 

I am currently very tempted to buy a OLED TV this year to replace the old Panasonic plasma and move to 4K. 

The two options I am considering about are LG OLED65B6 and the OLED65B7, would you have any special deals that would make me ignore my wife advice of waiting for the 2018 models? I have seen a video that recommends the 2017 model due to the ABL on white scenes. 

Happy to discuss on PM if preferred.

This discussion has been closed.