If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG OLED55B6V Availibility

Options
124»

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

ShaneOC wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Is there a link to the OLED55C6 on the site?  I can't see it on either the .ie or .com sites?

Can you please PM a quote?
    Hi ShaneOC.

Unfortunately the 55C6 is not one that we have ever stocked.

The C6 was the curved version.

We only have the 55B6 left in the 55" 6 series sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Hi ShaneOC.

Thanks Kenny. 

I've sourced the 55E6 elsewhere. 

While 3D is not something I'll use much, for the cost of the TV it was one feature that was a must have so the B6 was out.

ShaneOC wrote: »
    Hi ShaneOC.

Thanks Kenny. 

I've sourced the 55E6 elsewhere. 

While 3D is not something I'll use much, for the cost of the TV it was one feature that was a must have so the B6 was out.
    Hey ShaneOC.

Glad you managed to get sorted even if it was not with ourselves ;)

3ka wrote: »
    As per hotukdeals thread the OLED55B6V with 6 years warranty can be bought for 1449 gbp with BIGTV150 code. (Richersounds.com) Not sure how long is the code valid for. Just curious if I could get the same offer from you guys...
    Hi 3Ka.

Where have you seen this as there is NO "BIGTV150" deal running at the moment on any television.

Let one on hotdeals seems to be 3 weeks ago for BIGTV100?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭3ka

Hi Kenny, it might have been in store only. The post got a lot of heat on hotukdeals... no worries, still happy with my Sony 55x8509c however OLED TV is something I might want in a near future :)

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lg-oled55b6v-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-premium-smart-tv-with-freeview-play-6-2696558

• Advertisement

3ka wrote: »
    Hi Kenny, it might have been in store only. The post got a lot of heat on hotukdeals... no worries, still happy with my Sony 55x8509c however OLED TV is something I might want in a near future :)

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lg-oled55b6v-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-premium-smart-tv-with-freeview-play-6-2696558
    Hey 3ka.

Seems that it is running until tomorrow morning.

It wasn't put up on the site it was more a word of mouth type deal.  

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Howdy, with these flying out the door it seems, I was wondering if there were any issues with burn in from static images on the OLED TVs? And is it cover under warranty?

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Howdy, with these flying out the door it seems, I was wondering if there were any issues with burn in from static images on the OLED TVs? And is it cover under warranty?
    Hi Lu Tze.

To be honest we have not had a single one with screen burn to date and we have sold lots of them. I know on some forums there are people with this issue but it seem to happen pretty quickly and most times its the panel at fault.
    Plasma screens would have suffered from this if something was left on for too long.

Screen burn is not covered by our 6 year Guarantee.

However should anything like this happen we would still send out an engineer to determine if it is the panel at fault.

Hi Lu Tze.

To be honest we have not had a single one with screen burn to date and we have sold lots of them. I know on some forums there are people with this issue but it seem to happen pretty quickly and most times its the panel at fault.
    Plasma screens would have suffered from this if something was left on for too long.

However should anything like this happen we would still send out an engineer to determine if it is the panel at fault.
    Hi Kenny,

Thank you for that. I'm surprised this would not be covered under the guarantee. Would this be considered a user generated problem then? For displaying a static image for two long, for instance if a PC is hooked up to it, and the desktop with taskbar etc. is displayed in between active use?

Hi Lu Tze.

Hi Kenny,

Thank you for that. I'm surprised this would not be covered under the guarantee. Would this be considered a user generated problem then? For displaying a static image for two long, for instance if a PC is hooked up to it, and the desktop with taskbar etc. is displayed in between active use?
    Screen burn is usually caused by a static image being left on the screen.  For example as you say a computer task bar, a or a paused image left on the screen for a long time etc.  Screen burn is not the problem it once was where a screen could be damaged in a matter of hours by a stationary image.  I look after the service end of things in the shop and I am struggling to remember the last time i had a case of screen burn

Regards Stephen

• Advertisement

Screen burn is usually caused by a static image being left on the screen.  For example as you say a computer task bar, a or a paused image left on the screen for a long time etc.  Screen burn is not the problem it once was where a screen could be damaged in a matter of hours by a stationary image.  I look after the service end of things in the shop and I am struggling to remember the last time i had a case of screen burn

Regards Stephen

Thanks again, you guys are a great resource! I'm not buying right now, but should be in the next year or so - Ill be back to ye when the time comes.

Regards Stephen

Thanks again, you guys are a great resource! I'm not buying right now, but should be in the next year or so - Ill be back to ye when the time comes.
    No problem at all Lu Tze.

When your ready or if you have any other questions please just drop us a post or PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

I bought the 55B6 off you guys last year, what 65 inch versions have you left and what sort of crazy discounts are you offering on them? :)

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

wingnut32 wrote: »
    I bought the 55B6 off you guys last year, what 65 inch versions have you left and what sort of crazy discounts are you offering on them? :)
    I'll PM you a M E G A Boardie deal on the OLED 65G6 in 5 ;)

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭decus

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi,
    May I get same PM please?
    Best regards,
    decus

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

decus wrote: »

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi,
    May I get same PM please?
    Best regards,
    decus
    PM sent :)

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Hey lads, could you tell me the euro price for the 55B6 delivered please?

Hey lads, could you tell me the euro price for the 55B6 delivered please?
    Hi BelovedAunt,

The Euro price including shipping is 1869 Euro.

Let me know if you'd like to order this TV.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Shred

Hi Folks, 

I'm getting no signal is on any of the HDMi inputs on my 55B6V, could someone give me a call to discuss please?

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Shred wrote: »
    Hi Folks, 

I'm getting no signal is on any of the HDMi inputs on my 55B6V, could someone give me a call to discuss please?
    Hi if you PM me your phone number I will be happy to give you a buzz

Regards Stephen

• Advertisement

Regards Stephen

Cheers Stephen, I called the shop yesterday and I've been in touch with LG today who are arranging repair.

Regards Stephen

Cheers Stephen, I called the shop yesterday and I've been in touch with LG today who are arranging repair.
    No problem, keep us posted!

Hi Folks, 

LG have agreed to replace the set via point of purchase and they've "posted out a code" for this from the UK yesterday. Could someone please give me a call to discuss ?

Hi Folks, 

LG have agreed to replace the set via point of purchase and they've "posted out a code" for this from the UK yesterday. Could someone please give me a call to discuss ?
    Hey Shred.

If you PM me your full name I can locate you on our system and give you a call for a chat.

Thanks Kenny, I've literally just gotten off the phone with Martin.

Thanks Kenny, I've literally just gotten off the phone with Martin.
    Even Better.

I'll grab a chat with him.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Shred, glad you're getting sorted out, hope you'll be back up and running soon, I'd say it would be better all round to deal with RS in person from here on.

All,

As this thread as moved away from its original purpose (LG 55B6V availability) and the last poster on the thread seems well on track to resolution I'm closing the thread.

Please feel free to open a new thread with any queries or requests you have for RS.

Thanks,

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.