Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord threatened to kill me and took my passport.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

The guards are unlikely to pay much attention to a foreign student in a tizz over a language misunderstanding. (Thats how they'll see it).

Go and see the intetnational students officer (or whatever they're called there) in WIT tomorrow.

If they don't take the holding of his passport seriously then he needs to make a complaint to the appropriate body as that is quite serious.

But you're right, he would be better of having somebody to advocate for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

The guards are unlikely to pay much attention to a foreign student in a tizz over a language misunderstanding. (Thats how they'll see it).

Go and see the intetnational students officer (or whatever they're called there) in WIT tomorrow.

That's not how they'll see it. It's how xenophobic people will see it. I dealt with foreign students in UCD enough and have heard the language "tizz" excuse before. Most gaurds can see through xenophobic excuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

gizmo81 wrote: »
    Late payment is not grounds for violence.

Was there violence??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

The OP states:

"he entered my room and caught me by the collar"
    Was there violence??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

Have any of ye actually looked at the posters name - they're going to college in Waterford and the user name is witconman; Waterford Institute of Technology Con Man.

It's a more than likely a troll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Was there violence??

Grabbing the OP by the collar and threatening murder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

This is a piss take
    Did you borrow a laptop to put this up?
    International student? Kilkenny perhaps? Superb english

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,904 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Was there violence??

Dya tell your missus you're gunna kill her after grabbing her around the neck?

That is violence for 99% of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I'll give the OP the benefit of the doubt. Landlords have been known to assault tenants so it's not that far fetched.

Registers account in 2015 with name "witconman." Allegedly is ten days late with rent but as soon as chased for it is in position to pay that evening. Suffers horrific experience and first thought is to post for the first time.

Seems legit alright.

• Advertisement

He's not in a position to pay this evening, did you read the his posts before splurging. His parents are transferring and will pay 2moro.

He is using a forum to ask for advise, he might not have anyone else to ask.
    I'll give him the benefit of the doubt what difference does it make?
    Registers account in 2015 with name "witconman." Allegedly is ten days late with rent but as soon as chased for it is in position to pay that evening. Suffers horrific experience and first thought is to post for the first time.

Seems legit alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,011 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Bad advice with a side of casual xenophobia.

I'm foreign. Likely to have more relevant experience of irish authorities than you .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

He's not in a position to pay this evening, did you read the his posts before splurging. His parents are transferring and will pay 2moro.

He is using a forum to ask for advise, he might not have anyone else to ask.
    I'll give him the benefit of the doubt what difference does it make?

Apologies. He'll have it tomorrow, not today, you're right.

You can absolutely give him the benefit, no skin off my nose. I just choose to bull**** on it.

You know nothing of me, try another excuse!

Black people can be racist, gay people homophobic, foreigners can be xenophobic!
    I'm foreign. Likely to have more relevant experience of irish authorities than you .

Well thankfully others here have tried to advise him and hopefully save a kid a beating.
    Apologies. He'll have it tomorrow, not today, you're right.

You can absolutely give him the benefit, no skin off my nose. I just choose to bull**** on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,106 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

You know nothing of me, try another excuse!

Black people can be racist, gay people homophobic, foreigners can be xenophobic!
    Mrs OBumble isn't being xenophobic. She's suggesting that the gardai are xenophobic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement