Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixing my own juice

Options
  • 11-04-2017 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

I'm looking for some advice on mixing my own juice, I love vanilla custard and similar sort of flavours, I sub ohm so I usually Vape 3 mg
    Is there any starter kits out there for a beginner that you guys could recommend, and also what pg/ vg liquid I need and flavours you could recommend

Also can you buy nicotine to put in and how do you go about calculating all this, sorry for all the questions but I really don't have a clue

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭limos

I just noticed the starter kit for mixing your own liquid on picnmix diy is this worth getting for starting off and is the nicotine included does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

1x 100ml  50mg USP Nicotine 50% VG/ 50% PG Base,supplied in an amber glass bottle.

1x 100ml propylene glycol (PG),

1x 100ml vegetable glycerine (VG),

2x 10ml bottles of our "Suggested Recipes"

1x 18 gauge blunt needle,

1x 14 gauge blunt needle,

2x 10ml syringes,

2x 1ml syringes,

3x 3ml pipetts

1x Pair of Safety Nitrile gloves,

3x empty 10ml bottles,

3x labels for your newly mixed bottles

Above are the contents of this kit from the site, IMO it's a great kit especially for the money. I hadn't a clue what I needed and got this, it basically gave me everything I needed in one, and John is great if you have issues or questions

Edit: for a custard type, I'd recommend the 'vanilla vanilla' flavour I think it's great

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I gave up smoking ciggies abt 4 years ago and spent 18-months vaping, during which I spend the 1st 3 weeks using store bought stuff, and graduated very quickly to making my own juice.

At the time, my goto resources were:

OK Smokey ( https://www.ok-smokey.com/ ) for vaping hardware, nicotine, flavours and above all, knowledge.
    My local pharmacy for pharmacy grade distilled water and iso- propyl alcohol.
    Tesco for Dr Oetger's food grade glycerine.

Okay thanks for the help guys, I just ordered the starter kit from pic n mix with the vanilla vanilla and mothers milk concentrates so hopefully this will get me started, is there any good places to get mixing instructions and quantities to start me off?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

YouTube is excellent, also steam-engine.org is a calculator I use for mixing

Mother's milk is recommended at 23% and vanilla vanilla is around 19% I think. But you might like it stronger or weaker, totally up to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

FWIW, just be careful of how you handle the raw nicotine component. Depending on its delivered strength, that stuff can be very damaging to sensitive tissue, such as lips/mouth, eyes etc.

Its not so nice when it gets on the skin/hands either, hence the need for gloves.

nkav86 wrote: »
    1x 100ml  50mg USP Nicotine 50% VG/ 50% PG Base,supplied in an amber glass bottle.

1x 100ml propylene glycol (PG),

1x 100ml vegetable glycerine (VG),

2x 10ml bottles of our "Suggested Recipes"

1x 18 gauge blunt needle,

1x 14 gauge blunt needle,

2x 10ml syringes,

2x 1ml syringes,

3x 3ml pipetts

1x Pair of Safety Nitrile gloves,

3x empty 10ml bottles,

3x labels for your newly mixed bottles

Above are the contents of this kit from the site, IMO it's a great kit especially for the money. I hadn't a clue what I needed and got this, it basically gave me everything I needed in one, and John is great if you have issues or questions

Edit: for a custard type, I'd recommend the 'vanilla vanilla' flavour I think it's great

Thanks very much for the help would you be able to tell me how many mil of pg and vg and also how many mil of nicotine I would need to mix to get 3mg strength in 100mil if that makes sense, I just don't want to make a mistake with the nicotine, I'm sure making a mistake with the other liquids is perfectly safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

limos wrote: »
    Thanks very much for the help would you be able to tell me how many mil of pg and vg and also how many mil of nicotine I would need to mix to get 3mg strength in 100mil if that makes sense, I just don't want to make a mistake with the nicotine, I'm sure making a mistake with the other liquids is perfectly safe?

I presume you want to make a 100ml of juice at 3mg strength,the amount of nic you need is 4.2ml if you have 72% nic.
    If you have 54% nic,you will need 5.6ml.

Here is a simple calculator http://www.leisureliquids.co.uk/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=7

Base Nic should be 54 or 72mg.
    Final Nicotine Strength should be 3mg.
    Flavouring is what strength you want,they ask for % but just treat % as ml.
    Final Quantity means the total you want to mix.

After you submit query,the results is below,the pg/vg is mixed together,so just do a few sums to get your pg/vg ratios to suit you,if you want 50/50,just half the results of the pg/vg & so on.

I presume you want to make a 100ml of juice at 3mg strength,the amount of nic you need is 4.2ml if you have 72% nic.
    If you have 54% nic,you will need 5.6ml.

Here is a simple calculator http://www.leisureliquids.co.uk/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=7

Base Nic should be 54 or 72mg.
    Final Nicotine Strength should be 3mg.
    Flavouring is what strength you want,they ask for % but just treat % as ml.
    Final Quantity means the total you want to mix.

After you submit query,the results is below,the pg/vg is mixed together,so just do a few sums to get your pg/vg ratios to suit you,if you want 50/50,just half the results of the pg/vg & so on.

Hi the nicotine is 50mg usp 50% pg 50% vg base, I will use the calculator and give it a go thanks again for the help, I'm sure it will all make sense when I get started

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

If you're ever stuck pop over to the DIY thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057543883&page=86

Best calculator I've found is: http://www.steam-engine.org/juice.html

Doesn't account for the flavours but you just subtract that from the PG amount and you're good to go

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Steve666

chipfox wrote: »
    Best calculator I've found is: http://www.steam-engine.org/juice.html

Doesn't account for the flavours but you just subtract that from the PG amount and you're good to go

In the 'Flavour' section, click '+Add' and you can put in as many flavours as you want, percentages an' all. Great site alright. Well, it's the app I use, but same thing I suppose. Saves doing a few sums anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Ah they must have updated it. It used to annoy me so I made an excel sheet instead. That site is way nicer though

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭london.irish

Would also recommend http://e-liquid-recipes.com/, great resource for recipes and the calculator is spot on, the Strawnana custard has been my ADV for ever. Also recommend mixing by weight as it saves a lot of hassle with the clean up, and takes the guesswork out of mixing. I buy from picknmix.diy, great range and fantastic customer services.
    Good luck with your mixing, your going to love it.

Advertisement