Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dortmund Team bus involved in explosion (One Injured)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It was a firework, don't panic, it's not ISIS or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Dormund

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

NIMAN wrote: »

Any source on it just being a firework?

Can't find anything specifying that for certain. Also from the damage caused it would seem to be something bigger than that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Saying 3 explosions now on sky news ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Game called off

Borussia Dortmund have confirmed that tonight's game has been called off and will now take place tomorrow at 17:45 BST.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭thomasj

Borussia Dortmund confirmed by tweet there was a bomb explosion near the team coach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

No solid info on what actually happened....Marc Bartra was injured by an explosion and taken to hospital according to Dortmunds twitter feed....

sugarman wrote: »
    Absolutely over to top sensationalist stuff from the media..

It was a ****ing firecraker, no more than a shattered window... minimal damage done to the bus.

West ham fans done more damage to uniteds bus.

Dont know whats a big deal any more the way the media is reporting things.....i hope this is true because it sounds fairly serious.....

sugarman wrote: »
    Absolutely over to top sensationalist stuff from the media..

It was a ****ing firecraker, no more than a shattered window... minimal damage done to the bus.

West ham fans done more damage to uniteds bus.

I've yet to see anything actually stating the above...do you have a source?

I guess until they can confirm it's a firework (and i've not seen that reported with any certainty anywhere), they have to call it an explosion, because that's what it is (or rather, 3 of them).

Enough force to shatter bus windows is quite a bit...

I don't think it's an actual bomb or anything, but equally isn't something that should be downplayed. It's very much a violent criminal attack, and should be treated as such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

There is the damage - the outer skin of glass "popped" by the bang but still in place.

&image=be0f6eafb50676520b76f4fded13c622e5e7d49e-aHR0cHM6Ly9wYnMudHdpbWcuY29tL21lZGlhL0M5SnhnOHdYY0FBLUM2dy5qcGc6bGFyZ2U%3D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

There's one window broken on the bus. Had it been a bomb that went off close to the bus it would have needed to be a fairly large bomb to blow out the window and probably would have blown out more than one, but yet no reporter has posted any pictures of any damage in the surrounding area.

So it's probably a firework that hit the one window.

Seems to have been blown way out of proportion. Obviously you have to cancel the game but f*ck off with your #payforBVB bollocks...It's a firework. :rolleyes:

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I don't think it's an actual bomb or anything, but equally isn't something that should be downplayed. It's very much a violent criminal attack, and should be treated as such.

Absolutely........however if you're in the stadium, you look at the news on your phone and you read that there was 3 explosions near the team bus and that a player is on route to hospital it can send people into a bit of a panic......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Oat23 wrote: »
    There's one window broken on the bus. Had it been a bomb that went off close to the bus it would have needed to be a fairly large bomb to blow out the window and probably would have blown out more than one, but yet no reporter has posted any pictures of any damage in the surrounding area.

Seems to have been blown way out of proportion. Obviously you have to cancel the game but f*ck off with your #payforBVB bollocks...It's a firework. :rolleyes:

I see what you did there!

NukaCola wrote: »
    Absolutely........however if you're in the stadium, you look at the news on your phone and you read that there was 3 explosions near the team bus and that a player is on route to hospital it can send people into a bit of a panic......

Oh yeah, absolutely, there definitely is a need for the media - and moreso the police communications - to give a good clear context for what's going on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Editing the title, cause it gave me a ****ing heart attack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

They are talking about terrorism on BT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Mars Bar wrote: »
    They are talking about terrorism on BT.
    The reporter must be after Kay Burley's job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Yeah yer man said 3 bombs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

3 "bombs" and some unexploded devices too. This doesn't seem to be a few fire works

The reporter must be after Kay Burley's job.

They were talking about Paris and saying three explosive devices! Fans were "in tears" apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I would take everything I hear on Sky News with a large pinch of salt.

They love this sort of stuff, they can hype it to the max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Reports of three explosions near the bus from TV3 covering Juventus v Barca
    I've read reports that the bus has bullet proof glass explaining lack of damage, but cant confirm it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

What's up with the knowitalls on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

3 "bombs" and some unexploded devices too. This doesn't seem to be a few fire works

Is that confirmed or just twitter crap?

jaykay74 wrote: »

The 3 explosions was confirmed early on. What exploded is unknown..

There's still zero pictures of any damage to areas surrounding the bus. I find it hard to believe it's anything more than fireworks for that reason. If it's a bomb that blew out the windows there would be very noticeable damage nearby surely?

I'm no bomb expert. Just guessing that would be the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

jaykay74 wrote: »

BT said it. Dortmund tweeted that there was a bomb. Could be a mistranslation.

Police are also saying "An attack with serious explosives"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

https://twitter.com/ReutersSports/status/851889325440675844

Maybe update the title seems like it was far from a firework!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Dortmund Police reporting that 3 explosive devices (bombs of a serious level) exploded. They were approx. 2m from the bus and broke the bulletproof glass.

Further unconfirmed reports coming out of Dortmund at the moment are that another device has been found close to the scene. Police have drones and robots operating in the area in an effort to find further devices.

Police press conference at 23:00 local time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Looks a bit too dark for the time this happened. Wonder if this is someone taking a video from YouTube and renaming it for the likes/retweets

astradave wrote: »
    Looks a bit too dark for the time this happened. Wonder if this is someone taking a video from YouTube and renaming it for the likes/retweets

Definitely. The explosions occurred while it was still quite light out judging by pictures.

_95590720_mediaitem95590719.jpg

Christ, people are just the worst.

Something real distasteful when you go to sky news website and they have a "Dortmund explosion LIVE!" section........

and broke the bulletproof glass.

TIL. Never knew the MAN team buses had bulletproof glass! Sad things like that are necessary though.

Just been revealed at the press conference that some sort of letter/written statement was found close to the scene. Due to ongoing investigations no further comment.

Bartra has a broken hand/arm and splinters in his arm.

Oat23 wrote: »

Retracted. I shouldn't try to be a know-it-all. Seems like it was more serious than fireworks. Wasn't aware that it was bulletproof glass that was shattered.

Hopefully Bartra is back playing soon. Seems like a decent fella based off the little I know. He had that campaign on twitter last week to find a BVB fan in the stands among the Schalke supporters.

• Advertisement

Apparently Bartra is having surgery on his arm!

Press Conference is live on BVBs facebook page.......

The have just confirmed that
    - Bartra is being operated on at the moment
    - Letter claiming responiblity found close to the event. Investigations ongoing.
    - Increased security for tomorrows game

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Bartra seriously injured and having shrapnel removed from his arm.

They are so lucky not to have eye injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Some embarrassing comments on this and the champions league thread now. People would do well to wait until the facts are known before commenting. Do those who said it still think the West Ham fans attacking the United bus was as serious? Or that the game should've gone ahead as a few suggested?

Sky using last seasons abandoned match at old Trafford in their collage about a "worrying trend" in football....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Apparently police reluctant to describe it as a terrorist act, which maybe suggests domestic criminals

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Bartra has a broken wrist.

Police say serious explosives were used.

Really says something about the resilience of those busses... soooo, way to go team busses I guess!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Reports this morning that German police are investigating an Islamist link to what happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

astradave wrote: »
    Reports this morning that German police are investigating an Islamist link to what happened

BBC reporting same

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39575503

Thats some stunning detective work there - I never would have guessed it.
    Well done German Police.

BBC reporting same

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39575503

Thats some stunning detective work there - I never would have guessed it.
    Well done German Police.

If only it had been a jihadi who stole my bike in Hamburg in 2005. Maybe they would have found it by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Some weird and silly comments on this thread with a couple of posters trying to outdo one another in the arsehole stakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Sky using last seasons abandoned match at old Trafford in their collage about a "worrying trend" in football....

Gotta keep filling up that rolling news with something....even if its not relevant or even news!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

I would take everything I hear on Sky News with a large pinch of salt.

They love this sort of stuff, they can hype it to the max.

More to the point we need to take the things people like you post with a very large pinch of salt.

Its also worth informing you that police are actually investigating a link to Islamic extremists http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39575503

Thats the main concern I see with situations like this if they happen again in the future. Authorities cannot control the situation when you have people who dont have a clue posting their own facts online. These "facts" spread (like the false information last night that it was a firework) and then you have the risk of people in the region being caught up in further attacks due to mis-information.

It might seem like an overreaction from me but I just dont understand why some people are so determined to be official sources of information when things like that happen. Leave it to the expects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Some embarrassing comments on this and the champions league thread now. People would do well to wait until the facts are known before commenting. Do those who said it still think the West Ham fans attacking the United bus was as serious? Or that the game should've gone ahead as a few suggested?

Best was in AH where people were using it to point score with Heysel :o:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement