Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Explosion at Dortmund hotel when team bus was leaving

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

This is exactly what Bane was trying to do. Where's Das Batman when you need him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Fiendish plot it must be said, did ISIS claim responsibility for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Fiendish plot it must be said, did ISIS claim responsibility for this?

I thought they had adopted a policy of claiming responsibility for every bottle falling over these days?

That's my own view - a loud fart from a swarthy fella with a beard and they issue a statement - I see they named the wrong "Jihadist" last night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,731 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

So this one was motivated by good ole western capitalism?

• Advertisement

Yup, there's money to be made.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Yep.

No different to Raython seeing their stock price increase after Syria was bombed a few weeks back.

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    Yep.

No different to Raython seeing their stock price increase after Syria was bombed a few weeks back.

Well it is, Raython didn't actually commission a mission to fly to Syria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Guess not.

Not only was it not Islamic exremism; it was capitalist extremism. We need to stop allowing immigration from capitalist countries immediately. Nobody should be allowed to wear suits either, it's the uniform of capitalist terror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

Me, my OH and in-laws were recently discussing people who have no qualms killing people, or planning to, for financial gain. We just could not fathom it in any way, even a small way. We were specifically discussing the 'Lying Eyes' case from the last decade and also some guy blowing up a plane in the US in the 1940s to collect insurance on his mother who was on the plane.

This is another example. How can someone be so obsessed with money that they consider life so worthless in their pursuit of the stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

So are we all going to become hysterical about Western Capitalist extremists now? Or does boards only go into hysterics if the person is tied to Islam in some way?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    So are we all going to become hysterical about Western Capitalist extremists now? Or does boards only go into hysterics if the person is tied to Islam in some way?

Oh you think it's the exact same thing?

If attacks like this start happening regularly and indiscriminately to members of the public all over Europe then people more than likely will get a bit hysterical.

If attacks like this start happening regularly and indiscriminately to members of the public all over Europe then people more than likely will get a bit hysterical.

I suspect they may already, actually. Only usually people target family members, for inheritances and insurance money.

Shenshen wrote: »
    I suspect they may already, actually. Only usually people target family members, for inheritances and insurance money.

It's not even close to being the same thing.

It's not even close to being the same thing.

True. I suspect more people are killed for money than for reasons of religious fanatism, at least in the West. And it's of course far less sensationalist.

True. I suspect more people are killed for money than for reasons of religious fanatism, at least in the West. And it's of course far less sensationalist.

And that's why people are worried about mass immigration.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭jamesthepeach

People killed in Ireland for money all the time these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Russians - I knew it was them! Even when it was the Muslims, I knew it was them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Crime and attacks happen daily in Europe over money. No hysterics though because you can't tie it all to 'damn foreigners'.

They're worried they might be killed but not for money?

• Advertisement

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Crime and attacks happen daily in Europe over money. No hysterics though because you can't tie it all to 'damn foreigners'.

A bullsh*t argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Where did the did this guy immigrate from?

Why aren't you outraged!

They're worried they might be killed but not for money?

No, you already alluded to it in your last post. There'a a problem with killing in the name of religion in the areas that these migrants come from and that's in places where the religion is mostly all the one.

You can downplay it all you want but Islamist extremist attacks are a problem and an increasing problem at that.

In an ideal world we could have open borders but it's not an ideal world. Far from it.

Where did the did this guy immigrate from?

Why aren't you outraged!

What are you even on about? I'm not referring to this attack if you care to follow.

I don't get outraged by any attacks. Saddened and angered yes but not outraged.
    Someone had their leg hurt in this one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

What are you even on about? I'm not referring to this attack if you care to follow.

I don't get outraged by any attacks. Saddened and angered yes but not outraged.
    Someone had their leg hurt in this one...

You take terrorism very lightly it must be said.

You take terrorism very lightly it must be said.

Yes. Getting angry and sad is taking it very lightly alright.
    I'll be sure to throw up a few profile filters and hashtags to show I take things more seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

I know this situation had nothing to do with Muslims but I have no idea how to talk about things unless it is complaining about Muslims so I'll just do that

Yea lads it wasn't Islamic extremists!!! We won this one for a change!!!

Advertisement