Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Explosion at Dortmund hotel when team bus was leaving

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭CoolHandBandit

Rightwing wrote: »
    But, didn't terrorists target Fr v Ger in Paris. There needs to be very tough action taken before the cnuts pull it off.

They will at some stage im afraid. Sure didn't some lunatic walk into a music festival last year in Germany and attempt to detonate a bomb in his rucksack?
    These guys aren't going away and it's impossible to keep tabs on them all with Europe's uncontrolled borders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Luggnuts wrote: »
    Depp, if I kick a bullet-proof pane of glass and then a pneumatic tyre as hard as I can I am sure I will sustain some fractured metatarsals and shin injury in BOTH cases.

A blast that can put through reinforced glass yet that blast has no effect on pressurised tyres....?

wasn't being literal, was just trying to suggest that rubber has a bit more rebound to it than glass and is more likely to bounce back after a shockwave than reinforced glass would be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

darced wrote: »
    Ha ha, one man crusade on this thread.

Can't talk about Mods like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Beyondgone wrote: »
    Luckily, they're a bit rubbish. Which is a very good thing. Hope all the players are alright. Sport shouldn't be dragged into this political mess.

It's not "sport" itself, its what it represents and the international coverage it will get. It's all a plan to spread fear in Europe.

Now, we still have no claimants nor motives. So its too soon to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

It's odd that people are hoping it's just some right wing ultras. Does that make it better somehow?

• Advertisement

They will at some stage im afraid. Sure didn't some lunatic walk into a music festival last year in Germany and attempt to detonate a bomb in his rucksack?
    These guys aren't going away and it's impossible to keep tabs on them all with Europe's uncontrolled borders.

The borders have nothing to do with it.

Home grown sympathisers are as much of a threat than migrants or anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Most of us do yes. Is it ok to post?

Sure, if you have a reputable source, if not, see previous warnings.

The borders have nothing to do with it.

Home grown sympathisers are as much of a threat than migrants or anyone else.

Who said anything about migrants? Several recent attacks have come from people who have crossed borders within Europe who are in fact European. Open borders is an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Well it won't happen over in Russia in World cup. I was quite impressed the way the Russians dispersed the English in the Euros, if they find anyone causing trouble they'll know how to deal with them. ;)

Well it won't happen over in Russia in World cup. I was quite impressed the way the Russians dispersed the English in the Euros, if they find anyone causing trouble they'll know how to deal with them. ;)

Won't happen on their subways either I suppose. Oh...

• Advertisement

Who said anything about migrants? Several recent attacks have come from people who have crossed borders within Europe who are in fact European. Open borders is an issue.

1. I also mentioned "anyone else", infering to...anyone else.

2. Migrants are a factor with uncontrolled borders...especially the ones coming from Sub Sahara Africa through the Med, into Italy.

3. Open borders are an issue but not THE issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The police said they are looking for a foreign car registration.

Seems strange to say something like that. Obviously the culprit will now dump the car. It's as if they don't want to catch him???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Like they did with the metro bombing a few days ago?

Russians on the ball alright

So basically the Dortmund team could have been wiped out completely because of some mad German female politician. Well done to her I suppose, Je Suis bus.

What sort of nonsense are you even talking about?

Seems strange to say something like that. Obviously the culprit will now dump the car. It's as if they don't want to catch him???

Yes they don't want to catch him. :rolleyes: Listen to yourself ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭C Montgomery Gurns II

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Do you know something the rest of us don't are are you just talking drivel?

I'd imagine he is referring to the woman who is responsible for the sexual assault of over 1200 women on NYE 2015, the murder of a dozen plus people at the Berlin Christmas market, the cover up of the motivations behind the Munich gun massacre (among other attacks by the "mentally ill" ) and even, slightly less directly but there all the same, racial discrimination in the allocation of social housing in Ireland.

Won't happen on their subways either I suppose. Oh...
    Like they did with the metro bombing a few days ago?

Russians on the ball alright

I'm talking about the fans, I'd have more confidence in them finding the thugs than the authorities. The Russians would give them some smashing.

Jaysis, can we go back to talking about the soccer? It was a change, for once!

There was an Afghan suspect arrested for the Munich gun massacre released promptly without charge. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that the German authorities would prefer to incarcerate a suspect in a mental hospital rather than go through the adverse publicity of a trial. They have a media and a public who simply do not ask questions beyond the official narrative.

There was an Afghan suspect arrested for the Munich gun massacre released promptly without charge. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that the German authorities would prefer to incarcerate a suspect in a mental hospital rather than go through the adverse publicity of a trial. They have a media and a public who simply do not ask questions beyond the official narrative.

Yes okay.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

They'd still want to find the car. Evidence? Forensics? Maybe it's a stolen car and the owner wants the car back/insurance evidence.

What a curious thing to complain about.

I'm talking about the fans, I'd have more confidence in them finding the thugs than the authorities. The Russians would give them some smashing.

Including their own fans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

That's mad. Sure they've all got foreign regs over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

You're talking about the country that gave us the gestapo and the stasi.
    A little bit of respect is in order from the pixies on their cabage patch island.

Yes okay.

Have you actually researched the Munich attack? The attempts by the German authorities to portray the attacker as first being a an ethnic German, later watering down to claim he was an Iranian Christian convert and right winger? Deleting his Facebook?

Even the German media carried nonsense interviews with unamed former classmates of his. Compare that to the British media re the Westminster attack, they had photos of his long estranged wife and daughter all over the news, details of where his mother lived and worked, a running chronology of his movements since the 80's, interviews with former friends etc etc. The Munich kid seemingly came from nowhere, did the attack and vanished into obscurity.

Including their own fans?

Anyone acting suspicious with a rucksack, the usual types, looking around nervously. People have to be more careful nowadays, don't be waiting around for the cops to sort it out, they usually arrive when the damage is done.

Anyone acting suspicious with a rucksack, the usual types, looking around nervously. People have to be more careful nowadays, don't be waiting around for the cops to sort it out, they usually arrive when the damage is done.

So they can't control terrorism or hooligans in Russia now but during the WC they will have no problem catching all of them?

Have you actually researched the Munich attack? The attempts by the German authorities to portray the attacker as first being a an ethnic German, later watering down to claim he was an Iranian Christian convert and right winger? Deleting his Facebook?

Even the German media carried nonsense interviews with unamed former classmates of his. Compare that to the British media re the Westminster attack, they had photos of his long estranged wife and daughter all over the news, details of where his mother lived and worked, a running chronology of his movements since the 80's, interviews with former friends etc etc. The Munich kid seemingly came from nowhere, did the attack and vanished into obscurity.

This isn't about the Munich attack. My point was made in response to a poster suggesting the police might not want to catch a guy who's just attempted to blow up a bus full of soccer players. I think they'd very much want to catch him, don't you?

So they can't control terrorism or hooligans in Russia now but during the WC they will have no problem catching all of them?

WTF are you talking about?

• Advertisement

Rumours that BvB is being blackmailed.

Well it is the exact same police department that tried to cover up the Cologne attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

There's an unfollow button. Your problem isn't what you don't want to talk about, it's what you don't want others to talk about.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Find it amazing how the people behind this could get away with it, I would imagine there would be a heavy police presence around the area where the bus was traveling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

The buddist fundamentalist irish republican shinto far-right zoroastrian alt-presbytarian anarcho-hindu catalonian separatist extremist mentally ill christian scientologists strike again!

• Advertisement

Find it amazing how the people behind this could get away with it, I would imagine there would be a heavy police presence around the area where the bus was traveling.

To be fair they can't really give the Presidential treatment to every high profile German team. They each play near on 40 domestic games a season.

Even if this turns out to be a nutter without a cause, this idea of attacking a football team Will be planted in many people's heads. Committing a knife attack on people at a shopping centre seems to get glossed over after a few days now. Attack a football team at a hotel, that will get headlines for months and years after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,608 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Ploughing down a shopping street in a Lorry is now only a few days news. Escalation is part of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

What about when escalation becomes passe. Then what are they going to do?

There's an unfollow button. Your problem isn't what you don't want to talk about, it's what you don't want others to talk about.

Except it has nothing to do with the topic at hand when it is starting to seem more and more like it was just someone with a grudge that was trying to blackmail the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,608 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    What about when escalation becomes passe. Then what are they going to do?

Heroin?

There will be enough to keep them going, when they get past escalation it may be because they are dealing with the backlash in Europe. q

• Advertisement

Except it has nothing to do with the topic at hand when it is starting to seem more and more like it was just someone with a grudge that was trying to blackmail the team.

Seem more and more like?
    That's the kind of terminology I would expect you to be frowning upon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Did you see that ludicrous explosion last night?

Thing about IS is they always try blow buses up.

are you having a laugh? thats veering into the realm of wild speculation a bit to be fair...

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭lemd

Danzy wrote:
    Heroin?

Nah, heroin is so passe. There was a song about it and everything

Seem more and more like?
    That's the kind of terminology I would expect you to be frowning upon.

I figure, if we're going to speculate about stuff, why not speculate about something that would be plausible and is being picked up by news agencies.

Or are you only allowed to speculate if you reckon it involves Muslims?

I figure, if we're going to speculate about stuff, why not speculate about something that would be plausible and is being picked up by news agencies.

how about we wait for more info and not pull bs out of our arse cause it suits our narrative? maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

chupacabra wrote: »
    The buddist fundamentalist irish republican shinto far-right zoroastrian alt-presbytarian anarcho-hindu catalonian separatist extremist mentally ill christian scientologists strike again!

billm.gif

I'm not against any speculation. You are, unless it suits your position of course.

Depp wrote: »
    how about we wait for more info and not pull bs out of our arse cause it suits our narrative? maybe?

... So you're telling me to not speculate? And yet you've no issue with people speculating if Muslims might be involved because it suits your narrative.

Riiigghhtt.

I'm totally getting this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mayo4sam2017

is paddy power refunding bets on dortmund?

had a medium bet on them but after the bombing i think they'll be shook and cill lose

• Advertisement
Advertisement