Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV box not working for 2 months

Options
  • 11-04-2017 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

My TV box went there before Xmas and (following about 2 hours of phone calls) we had a guy out who replaced the router, wireless plugs and tv box and it worked fine for a while but its gradually got worse and worse where now its just dead. The guy didn't know what the issue was.

The signal from the router to the TV box keeps dropping leading to choppy picture 50% of the time and no picture the rest. The wifi goes about once a week and requires a router reset also.

I reckon its an authentication issue with the router over wifi as the tv can come and go as it appears to sign in and out, not a signal or interference issue. Although how it worked fine for over a month on first install and again into the new year is a good one.

Can someone please log this as I don't have time to hang around explaining things for 2 hours again on the phone. I can give my account details and other info over PM.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi penev10,

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear this.

I'm afraid we would be unable to log this for you and you will need to contact our technical support team on 1890 260 260 or freephone 1901 and they will be able to assist you with this.

Apologies we couldn't assist you with this further from here.

Thanks,
    Anna.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I can't believe in this day and age I have to make a phone call to log a technical fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

penev10 wrote: »
    I can't believe in this day and age I have to make a phone call to log a technical fault.
    Hi penev10, 

I am really sorry to hear you feel this way. Unfortunately, this is the procedure we have in place. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks, 
    Leanne. 

Advertisement