Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transgender car insurance

Options
  • 11-04-2017 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi

Recently I've been thinking with the rise of pc culture and social justice warriors would it be possible to get insurance and say you identify as female? I know this sounds stupid but the insurance companies are so blatantly robbing young male drivers. I got a quote from axa for 6000€ on a 1.2l golf on a provisional and I know young females get much lower insurance than young men. am I crazy for thinking of taking advantage of the acceptance of trans people? what do you guys think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

mrottopup wrote:
    Recently I've been thinking with the rise of pc culture and social justice warriors would it be possible to get insurance and say you identify as female? I know this sounds stupid but the insurance companies are so blatantly robbing young male drivers. I got a quote from axa for 6000€ on a 1.2l golf on a provisional and I know young females get much lower insurance than young men. am I crazy for thinking of taking advantage of the acceptance of trans people? what do you guys think.

Female drivers no longer get cheaper car insurance. It was proven to be discriminating

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

mrottopup wrote: »
    Hi

If you get a cheaper quote declaring as female, you can take the insurer to the cleaners as its been illegal for quite some time. I presume you didn't even think to check?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mrottopup

Didn't check as it's just a thought I had. wanted to get other peoples thoughts on it

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭99problems

Admitting to fraud on the internet wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

This is a prime example why insurance is very expensive for young drivers.

People constantly coming up with ways to try and screw the system over and defraud insurance companies.

• Advertisement

It's not fraud if there are people out there that actually think they are a different gender and it's socially acceptable and there are actual laws being made around discrimination against trans people. Also I don't care who you are you can not defend 6000 euro insurance on a 600 euro golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

It's not fraud if there are people out there that actually think they are a different gender and it's socially acceptable and there are actual laws being made around discrimination against trans people. Also I don't care who you are you can not defend 6000 euro insurance on a 600 euro golf.

Eh, just because other people are transgender doesn't make you lying about it not fraud. It would be completely useless, but it's still fraud to deliberately lie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

It's not your shi**y golf that matters, it's the person you knock down or the expensive car you crash in to that will determine the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Some of the ladies starting to drive can be as boy racer now as the guys. The girls are no longer automatically more mature when driving cars.

Yeah because I'm going to go around crashing into every BMW I see. I can't believe you're actually defending the insurance companies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

Rod Munch wrote:
    This is a prime example why insurance is very expensive for young drivers.People constantly coming up with ways to try and screw the system over and defraud insurance companies.

Insurance is dear for everyone and biggest reason it's expensive is insurance companies lost and losing their shirt on bad investments and yes silly payouts for claims is another factor it's a captive market unfortunately ....They'll find any excuse to rise premiums these days so you cant blame anyone for looking to decrease their premiums . The sooner the better the market gets opened up so we can source insurance quotes across Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It's black and white really.

http://www.teni.ie/page.aspx?contentid=1417

A quick Google revealed that anyone can apply for a Gender recognition cert.

In relation to motor insurance it's the same rates that'll apply for males and females so it'd be silly to go down that route with a view to a cheaper premium.

p.s. Premiums relate to the risk, and not just the value of the vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

Have you tried adding a parent to lower the quote? Boxymo type policies are normally a good bit cheaper too. It would get you started on a ncb

mrottopup wrote:

6000 euro ? I have a provisional and mine is 600 and I'm a man.

What age are you?

mrottopup wrote:
    What age are you?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

dev100 wrote: »
    Insurance is dear for everyone and biggest reason it's expensive is insurance companies lost and losing their shirt on bad investments and yes silly payouts for claims is another factor it's a captive market unfortunately ....They'll find any excuse to rise premiums these days so you cant blame anyone for looking to decrease their premiums . The sooner the better the market gets opened up so we can source insurance quotes across Europe.

Lower investment returns are a minor part of higher premiums. So are the notion of "bumper" profits. If there was a fortune to be made we'd have greater competition driving prices down eventually.

Claims in both frequency and cost are the big issue. The awards and legal system are completely out of control.

dev100 wrote: »

The insurance market is open and any European insurance company with an EU head office can transact insurance in Ireland.

There is a reason they do not.

Because the insurance sector is a basket case and investments have zero to do with that.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    The reason it's expensive is because the government have given insurance companies free reign to do whatever the **** they like without regulation.

You are completely, unequivocally wrong.

The day they all got together, conspired, and basically banned 10 year old cars regardless of a state roadworthiness test nailed on the fact that I'm completely unequivocally right.

Fraid not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭cml387

Maybe, and I'm speculating here, that all the insurance companies compiled their own data and came to the same conclusion, that there was a higher risk insuring 10 year old cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

cml387 wrote: »
    Maybe, and I'm speculating here, that all the insurance companies compiled their own data and came to the same conclusion, that there was a higher risk insuring 10 year old cars.
    the balance of probability should have some data showing different results

• Registered Users Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭Allinall

The day they all got together, conspired, and basically banned 10 year old cars regardless of a state roadworthiness test nailed on the fact that I'm completely unequivocally right.

What day was that, and where was the meeting?

Or are you just talking ****e?

Rod Munch wrote:
    Fraid not.

Patww79 wrote:

The nct is a joke anyway , your car isn't road worthy , enjoy your drive home

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement