Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transgender car insurance

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭micar

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Female drivers no longer get cheaper car insurance. It was proven to be discriminating

Yep...gender directive came in effect in Dec 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Patww79 wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

I call bull, my car is 11 years old and I renewed my insurance last month, so they didn't all stop, they do still ensure cars over 10. Guess you're wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭99problems

I call bull, my car is 11 years old and I renewed my insurance last month, so they didn't all stop, they do still ensure cars over 10. Guess you're wrong

Did you renew with the same company ? They generally will renew if your with them awhile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

99problems wrote:
    Did you renew with the same company ? They generally will renew if your with them awhile.

I actually changed company last year when the car was 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Some companies won't insure over 10 years, some over 15. After 15, it's both difficult and expensive to get insured, and in many cases, down right impossible.

Gender should be irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭99problems

I don't have this problem surprisingly my car is 17 years old. I must just be lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

To the OP, insurance companies tend to look dimly upon "aftermarket body modifications" and will load your premiums ;)

Re the points on insurance and older cars. It frustrates me that so many people will (or have to) buy new pov spec vehicles every few years rather than second-hand or maintain a well-specced older vehicle. So much money is drained from the economy. Aside from a few dealership jobs most of the profits from the new car industry leave the country - keep the money in the country and even if older cars need more maintenance it would be far better to channel this through mechanics employed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just no.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement