Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 repair

Options
  • 11-04-2017 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Looking to get a PS4 fixed in Waterford City, Blu-Ray drive no longer accepts disks/disks are unreadable, and the drive is very loud.

PM if interested/leave a reply and I'll get back asap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Did you try clean the lens? I dont even know if lens cleaners are still around but that could be an option if they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 viperkevin

alta stare wrote: »
    Did you try clean the lens? I dont even know if lens cleaners are still around but that could be an option if they are.

Hi Alta,

It's definitely not the lens, the drive itself vibrates and makes noise, and sometimes refuses to accept disks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Ah right fair enough. I know from doing my own Xbox 360 that it isnt all too hard to replace these things so would you try it yourself?. Im sure there are loads of vidoes on YouTube on dismantling PS4s. I dont know of anywhere who does that kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Do NOT bring it to the maxcom place by super value.had really bad experience there and worryingly saw review on line after, exact same issue.I don't usually bad mouth businesses even if service was bad because always a chance I was a one off, bad day whatever, but saw exact same thing happen with a review on line and my experience went on for so long,I have my doubts about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭brickysession

I recently had to get a HDMI port repair done on my son's PS4 and could not find anyone locally so I found Ielectron in Cork City. I found them top class and great to deal with.

They are located in Cook St in Cork city wihch is just just off Patrick Street in Cork City. You can send your PS4 to them by courier and they will also courier it back as soon as its done. They also guarantee their repairs for 6 months which is reassusring too. A fault developed with the HDMI port 5 months after the initial repair and they repaired it took it back in and sorted it without quibble or any further cost.

Maybe there is someone local but I could not find them.

http://www.ielectron.ie/

• Advertisement
Advertisement