Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teeth Whitening

Options
  • 11-04-2017 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Anyone got this done with success or no success?

I've already posted in dental and poster helim was v helpful.

Just thought prob get more reaction here.

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Percyxoxo

Hi..I got the moulds and gel..used for 10 days (ish) for one hour and I thought they came out well.. I can notice it in pictures and find I can wear any lipstick.
    BUT they wouldn't blind you and no one was like "wow your teeth are so white"!
    Glad I did it and it made a difference, but my teeth weren't too discoloured in the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Smile111

Thanks Percy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Well worth getting done by a dentist where you get trays and can top up at home. I wouldn't bother with anything in Beauty salons or those led things you see as they're just not effective.
    As poster said above, my teeth were not blinding "Ross" white after but definitely a big improvement. I also find the Curaprox Black is White toothpaste the best whitening toothpaste I've ever used (and I've used them all). It's about e20 but worth it in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

I paid €290 for Colgate teeth whitening mounds and 4 lots of gel . Did 1.5 hour a night for 3/4 weeks and found a huge difference really impressed but it is expensive but worth it
    I drink a lot of tea and coffee and they really do stain the teeth so the whitening was worth it

I have gotten it done recently in the dentist.The take home moulds and gel.
    Unfortunately it did not work for me but perhaps if I use it for 2 months it will.
    I wore them overnight for 3 weeks.

Where do you buy that black is white toothpaste?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Smile111 wrote: »

I have gotten it done recently in the dentist.The take home moulds and gel.
    Unfortunately it did not work for me but perhaps if I use it for 2 months it will.
    I wore them overnight for 3 weeks.

Where do you buy that black is white toothpaste?

Not sure about that tooth paste but while your whitening make sure to reduce tea coffee and staining foods and smoking while whitening otherwise your wasting your money (like trying to lose weight and exercising but eating take away all time :P just cancels it out

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

I was advised by my dentist to use a straw for drinking tea and coffee to preserve the benefits of whitening

• Registered Users Posts: 33,534 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

banoffe2 wrote: »
    I was advised by my dentist to use a straw for drinking tea and coffee to preserve the benefits of whitening

I'd love to have whiter teeth, but I wouldn't be prepared to look like a halfwit to achieve it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

I did it through a dentist. I priced around and found a dentist in a small practice doing it for E180, that included getting
    the mould sized by him, and 14 days of the gel. I have very good teeth, but were very off colour. Like above, I dont
    have blinding white teeth, but it made a huge difference to what I had...... The beauty of getting it done in a dentist, is
    once or twice a year, I buy gel to do 3 nights whitening, at cost of E25...and it brightens them up again. Say if I had a wedding or something big coming up...I.d do a couple of sessions. Well worth what it cost. ....

Thanks.I actually got it done in a dentist.

• Advertisement
Advertisement