Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are sub teachers exempt from increment freeze?

Options
  • 11-04-2017 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi all,

I'm a sub teacher for too many years now. Anyway, previous school TUI for maternity, current school ASTI for carers leave, both non casual hours, full time etc.

Dept has frozen my increment as per July 2016 increment freeze, sorry Asti members, but I'm not a member, of any union for that matter.

My question is this only.... is their any way I could be considered exempt from this freeze as im hardly going to turn a job down due to the union it's in.

Silly question I'm sure but, any chance we will be reimbursed/back pay once this stand off ends??

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

yogibaby wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm a sub teacher for too many years now. Anyway, previous school TUI for maternity, current school ASTI for carers leave, both non casual hours, full time etc.

Dept has frozen my increment as per July 2016 increment freeze, sorry Asti members, but I'm not a member, of any union for that matter.

My question is this only.... is their any way I could be considered exempt from this freeze as im hardly going to turn a job down due to the union it's in.

Silly question I'm sure but, any chance we will be reimbursed/back pay once this stand off ends??

Thanks in advance

Dare I say to you that people join Trades Unions to answer such questions. They are there to look after the interests of their members. The rates for part members are not too high. Maybe join up and we might have a stronger profession

• Registered Users Posts: 18 yogibaby

Oh dear there's always one who gets offended.

Not that it's any of your business I already did join up with a certain union, and they were useless in a time of need.

Please try and answer the question asked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Not that it's any of your business I already did join up with a certain union, and they were useless in a time of need.

You could join the TUI regardless of what type of school your in, and therefore get the increment. If you are non union though in a voluntary school then you will be treated the same as Asti staff by the department.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

It depends on type of school you're in and I doubt it will be backpaid at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭doc_17

Yes always one. Who gets offended because the Union couldn't sort out their issue and then they leave the union. They were useless in that instance but they would be able to provide assistance in this instance.

And that person did answer the question. A Union will have the answer for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

Not offended in the least. You would have to try much harder:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

To the best of my knowledge all non union members are treated as being outside LRA therefore no increments pay for S&S etc
    As you're in an ASTI school you are automatically treated as being outside LRA - interesting to know though what happens to a TUI sub in an ASTI school? Could they have submitted their form at the start of the year to get their increments etc?
    Were non union members in a TUI school able to submit that declaration at the start of the year? Was it a dept form or union form?
    Sorry op I'm not really answering your questions other than the opener - all non union treated outside of LRA so may as well be ASTI

Advertisement