Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Centre Barber for around 20 Euro?

Options
  • 11-04-2017 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi,

Recently moved to Dublin, living near Harcourt St. and looking for a recommended barber.
    Back home, I had a guy who I was very satisfied with; Wash & Cut for 20 Euro and most importantly I got what I asked for.
    Want to avoid being scalped or being sat down and given another dime a dozen trendy hipster cut that everyone seems to have.
    Any suggestions in that price range?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Grafton Barber at the top of Grafton Street do a decent cut for around €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

Closer to you - Grafton Barber Earlsfort Terrace. Lisa or Ed will be there. Both very good, and dead sound. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

Oh, and a tip no matter where you go: if going to a new barber, try if possible to go at a quiet time - midweek mornings or after lunch hour etc. - gives you a better chance to chat, explain that you're particular about it (like myself!) and perhaps get a bit of extra attention. A Friday at 5pm would be my idea of a no-go if the barber didn't know me! :-) Probably common sense, but thought I'd mention it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Any of the grafton barbers are usually very good. €22 includes a wash and you get it for €9 if you're a student during certain hours (or at least you did, my student card expired 18 months ago :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭SMI

Danny2580 wrote: »
    Oh, and a tip no matter where you go: if going to a new barber, try if possible to go at a quiet time - midweek mornings or after lunch hour etc. - gives you a better chance to chat, explain that you're particular about it (like myself!) and perhaps get a bit of extra attention. A Friday at 5pm would be my idea of a no-go if the barber didn't know me! :-) Probably common sense, but thought I'd mention it.

Agreed! Last 2 cuts were last minute jobs with random barbers in the evening. Fool me twice, shame on me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭coleslaw

the Barbers room on collage st across from trinity college is excellent,usually very busy though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Regent Barber Shop, excellent, just off Temple Bar square. About 14 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭looie

Danny2580 wrote: »
    Oh, and a tip no matter where you go

Or don't tip! Good barbers in the city centre are charging 35 euro or thereabouts, so it's not cheap as it is. My idea of a tip for them is returning to them if they give a good cut instead of one of the numerous competitors out there.

looie wrote: »
    Or don't tip! Good barbers in the city centre are charging 35 euro or thereabouts, so it's not cheap as it is. My idea of a tip for them is returning to them if they give a good cut instead of one of the numerous competitors out there.

He wasn't suggesting a tip. He was offering a "tip" about what time to go. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭looie

My bad, missed the 'a'!

But definitely right about picking a good time to go. Nothing worse than when it's busy and you're feeling like you're rushed out the door.

• Advertisement

looie wrote: »
    My bad, missed the 'a'!

But definitely right about picking a good time to go. Nothing worse than when it's busy and you're feeling like you're rushed out the door.

Agreed, although really I just can't stand queues. Some barbers make no effort to manage them either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Larry SR

I got the barbers above the Bleeding Horse (name escapes me) Very near to you and find them excellent. Dry cut is 17 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Portomarino

For a decently priced 'conservative' cut that you seem to want I'd suggest Jack's Barbers on Montague Street, right next to Harcourt. Went there a lot when I was skint and can't complain about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

I enjoy going to Boxx over by the IFSC.

They charge 18 but people tend to tip to 20. They give you want you want and give some pretty cool haircuts to folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MemEmee

Eds barber on Luas line near Jervis Centre is 10 quid. 9 for regulars.

A great barber.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭SMI

As a follow up, I ended up going into the Grafton Barber on Earlsfort Terrace and was taken care of by Ed. Very pleased with it, thorough and nice bloke to chat to. I'll probably pop into them tomorrow, but thanks for all the suggestions. I'm sure others will find this handy

Advertisement