Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limp lifeless hair in pregnancy

Options
  • 11-04-2017 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi there,

I'm looking for advice on my mop. I'm 27 weeks pregnant and my hair is dull, drab and generally crap everyday! I have a blonde bob about an inch above my shoulders. It's not the thickest of hair but since becoming pregnant its almost see through towards the end.

Just wondering does anyone have any tips, product names etc. I've tried thickening mousse, texturing spray stuff, blow drying my hair upside down (which leads to dizziness) but all of these only last an hour or two before the life is sucked right out of my head again. Am I not supposed to have fabulous locks and go bald afterwards? Or could this be a case of a little girl sucking all the beauty out of me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mod

Hi Littlespace,

I've moved your thread to the Pregnancy forum. It's more appropriate and I think you'll get a much better response. Have a search through the forum and you might find the answers you are looking for.
    Please read the Pregnancy forum charter in full before continuing to post.

Mars Bar

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Littlespace

I didn't even know there was such a forum! Thank you and apologies!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

I have very thick hair. One my first with my son, my hair was even thicker and grew like mad. Now I am pregnant with a girl, it's limp and lifeless. I thought I had bad skin with my son, but on this one it was so inflamed I couldn't sleep at night, throbbed all day, and now only under control with antibiotic, steroids, and an acid gel.

I feel what you mean about not glowing during pregnancy, but unfortunately I have no advice but to maybe see your stylist to see if they can adjust your cut for your current hair condition and show you any tips to keep volume. I plan on going in a month, just spending a fortune on dermatologist fees, but so worth it not to be in pain

Advertisement