Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moderator calibre

Options
  • 11-04-2017 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hello
    Just got my 223 and now need to pick up a moderator for it.
    Is it best to go with a dedicated 223 mod or would a mod that would also suit a larger calibre be as effective?
    Reason I ask is I may be getting a 243 in the near future so I would be useful not to have to buy another mod.
    Thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭DogfoxCork

just get a mod that will suit a 30cal . the difference between the same mod in 25cal and a 30cal is so marginal it negates the need for two separate mods. i shoot a 30 cal Ase Utra on my 223 and its great, although i plan on upgrading in the near future to something a bit lighter! but ill stay with 30 cal as i plan on picking up a 308 at some point. with a 30 cal mod youre covered on all fronts.

edit: i should add that at high spl the ear is far less sensitive to perceived volume increase/decrease as the spl increases, a difference of 5dB or so isnt going to make a difference to you and most likely the fluffy thing in your sights!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭HW100S

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Advertisement