Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yo Sushi Dundrum Town Centre Closed???

Options
  • 11-04-2017 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Is Yo Sushi closed for good in the shopping centre in Dundrum?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Jobs OXO wrote: »
    Is Yo Sushi closed for good in the shopping centre in Dundrum?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Yo+sushi+dundrum

Looks like it

• Administrators Posts: 53,836 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Odd, I'm in the centre fairly regularly and it's always fairly busy. I guess Dundrum must be sticking the arm in with the rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

The one off Grafton St is closed too, so I don't think it is specifically just Dundrum and its rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Ate there once, it was muck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I'm not surprised. With so many fantastic sushi places opening I couldn't see it lasting.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

Another fad bites the dust..hugely overpriced,hipster crap.

MysticMonk wrote: »
    Another fad bites the dust..hugely overpriced,hipster crap.

Sushi? :confused:

Probably more popular now than it ever has been.

awec wrote: »
    Sushi? :confused:

No. Yo sushi.
    Probably more popular now than it ever has been.

Because of the explosion of hipsters and millenials who know exactly nothing about good food.

No. Yo sushi.

Because of the explosion of hipsters and millenials who know exactly nothing about good food.

You're trying too hard.

You're trying too hard.

It's no sweat to me :cool:

• Advertisement

OSI wrote: »
    Anti-hipster is so hipster.

I'm anti-vegetarian too...does that mean that i *Am* a vegetarian? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Differing opinions more like.

Also, People don't always eat in the best place for each type of food they know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

It was terribly over priced for dried out sushi. Still, better to have the option than another bagel place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

It was terribly over priced for dried out sushi. Still, better to have the option than another bagel place

Yep, the one time I ate there the sushi itself was manky, and I ran up a bill of over €20 on absolutely bugger-all food. There's no excuse for eating in Yo Sushi when you can go into town and get food from Musashi that's a hundred times better and is cheaper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

YoSushi was probably one the first places I ever ate sushi, many many years ago. So I'll miss it for that reason. Plus their miso aubergine dish was very tasty.

Wonder why it closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

There's no excuse for eating in Yo Sushi when you can go into town and get food from Musashi that's a hundred times better and is cheaper too.

Or 5 minutes down the road to Musashi in Sandyford.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Or 5 minutes down the road to Musashi in Sandyford.

Or hailan in dundrum village.

Yo was woeful sushi...the gimmicky conveyer belt and location was all it had

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭coleslaw

retalivity wrote: »
    Or hailan in dundrum village.

Yo was woeful sushi...the gimmicky conveyer belt and location was all it had

musashi is great,hilan was recently closed by the fsai,might give that one a couple of weeks to clean up their act

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Odd, I'm in the centre fairly regularly and it's always fairly busy. I guess Dundrum must be sticking the arm in with the rent.

Business don't always necessarily close for financial reasons..could be illness of owner..management issues..maybe they were closed due to hygiene reasons..and many other kinds of problems

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

wakka12 wrote: »
    Business don't always necessarily close for financial reasons..could be illness of owner..management issues..maybe they were closed due to hygiene reasons..and many other kinds of problems

It was owned by Abrakebabra group so doubt it was illness or anything like that , I suspect too much competition in the Sushi market place for a brand that never really took off.

I expect you will see one of the other Abra brands move into the spaces .

• Advertisement
Advertisement