Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting read

Options
  • 12-04-2017 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I came across this at the weekend. A number of coaches were debating the training methods on twitter so I had a read. It's an interview with Joyciline Jepkosgei's coach. It gives an insight in to her training. It's amazing the amount of running she does at 5min per km pace. She's a true advocate of do your easy easy and fast fast :)

For those who don't know, I didn't until I read the article, Joyciline is the first woman to go sub 65 for a half marathon.

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

She also set 10k,15k and 20k world records on her way to it. And she goes to Church on Saturday, that's the session I seem to be missing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Say a prayer for me while you're there Joey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

joey100 wrote: »
    She also set 10k,15k and 20k world records on her way to it. And she goes to Church on Saturday, that's the session I seem to be missing!
    joey they sing happy songs and dance in the church so maybe you need to find a dance sing group in dublin

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

tunney wrote: »

it's okay though, the kenyans in Nike's sub 2 program are all clean i'm sure, and the special gear nike are going to give them(which definitely aren't spring loadsed shoes, no sir) isn;t going to help in any way

that sub 2 program echoes the sky school of thow sufficient amounts of B$ out there so that any real questions are lost in the noise

back to gibbo's point though, echoes what was said abuot jorgenson last year, does her easy runs at 5:30 pace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

mossym wrote: »
    it's okay though, the kenyans in Nike's sub 2 program are all clean i'm sure, and the special gear nike are going to give them(which definitely aren't spring loadsed shoes, no sir) isn;t going to help in any way

that sub 2 program echoes the sky school of thow sufficient amounts of B$ out there so that any real questions are lost in the noise

back to gibbo's point though, echoes what was said abuot jorgenson last year, does her easy runs at 5:30 pace.

5:30 is more like my 10km Race pace :( do my easy runs at HR not pace but about 6:30-7:00

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Running at2400 m has a very different cost than running 5 min pace at see level.
    And her 12 k tempo run is sub 31 10 k pace at sea level. That is not a tempo run.....

More seriously when a 69 min pb runner in 2016breaks a 10 k record in a half how can anybody not seriously question that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭griffin100

Marginal gains ;)

Advertisement