Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to exclude zones - unknown keypad model

Options
  • 12-04-2017 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

The keypad in my sister's house has no model number or anything that would identify what it is. I want to exclude the upstairs zone when setting the alarm, but can't figure out what combination works. Hoping someone here might be able to help?

33178432453_9d9388de18.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Is it the menu or zone you're looking for?

Will entering the alarm code give you the menu, pushing the down arrow once then bring you to the Inhibit menu? In my experience, zone 4 is usually upstairs then.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

Entering the alarm code just sets the alarm. To bring up the Inhibit menu, I assumed I should be pressing some combination of keys before inputting the alarm code, but you've got me thinking it might be a combination of keys after inputting the code. I'll try that this evening. My sister thinks it's zone 5 for upstairs, but I should be able to figure that out once I've got as far as the Inhibit menu.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your user code has not been set up to allow inhibiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

The keypad in my sister's house has no model number or anything that would identify what it is. I want to exclude the upstairs zone when setting the alarm, but can't figure out what combination works. Hoping someone here might be able to help?

33178432453_9d9388de18.jpg

If you dont have the attribute to inhibit you would need to close of the zone in the control panel with an end of line resister.

Advertisement