Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sign contracts pending title and deeds

Options
  • 12-04-2017 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

I went sale agreed 2 and a half months ago. My solicitor received the contracts on Monday but still no title or deed. He said that it should be fine to sign them pending the title. I asked the solicitor at work if he would recommend someone sign the contract without everything being there and he said that he wouldn't. Has anyone here done what my solicitor has advised or should I go with my gut and say that I don't want to sign until everything is there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Sounds like your solicitor want s to minimise the number of times you come to the office. I wouldn't have a contract signed at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

God no, I wouldn't sign until all is in order unless its something that doesn't matter like estate taken into charge etc. Title and deed is something that needs questioning and review by solicitor

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Make sure there are time limits in the contract.

Advertisement