Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacements for R63 downlights

Options
  • 12-04-2017 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

I have 5 R63 spotlights WITH E27 bulbs in the living room and would like to change them to LEDs or similar. I was hoping someone could advise on an alternative that would meet my requirements;

Can I get a fitting that has zero heat output above the ceiling? The reason is that there is loose fill insulation close by and access to the area is extremely difficult to fit covers etc.

Are fittings available that would fit in the same hole?

The current ones are on a dimmer but that's not a big issue as I can put a switch on instead.

Any info appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I'd you look at the aurora lighting website they might have what you are looking for. A fitting that you can have insulation up against

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭shane b

Hi. I changed my 40 watt R63s to 8 watt non dimmable led versions just before xmas and i find them great. I did have to change the dimmer switch to a 2 way switch as well.
    I bought a 4 pack on ebay for about 22 euro whereas the local electrical wholesaler wanted 10 Euro each.

Advertisement