Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greatest finisher of all time?

• 12-04-2017 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

As the title states what do you think is the greatest finisher of all time? Any brand, any era!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The Sharpshooter. Rarely failed. Took years for it ever to be broken out of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Stone Cold Stunner,

may be a slightly biased opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 49 PooArse

Never said my own, Has to be the Dead Level by Kid Kash!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Personally, I love the RKO. Can be done on anyone of any size from so, so many different angles. Its simple but always gets a great reaction.

Along similar veins, the Stunner is the same. Also always been a fan of a good Spear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

Macho man's flying elbow (can't remember it's name) but was extremely diverse and used a lot as a tension builder, it was high risk and spectacular.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Jake Roberts DDT

Arn Andersons Spinebuster

JBLs Clothesline from Hell

The Great Mutas Moonsault

Austin Aries 450 Splash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Forgot to add after the Stunner, other personal favourites, Jake Roberts DDT and Petey Williams Canadian Destroyer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Icaras wrote: »
    Macho man's flying elbow (can't remember it's name) but was extremely diverse and used a lot as a tension builder, it was high risk and spectacular.

The elbow drop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Always loved The Sleeper, The Claw and The Heart Punch especially with good commentary from both the lead and colour man saying how dangerous these finishers are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

F5 for me. Perfect for Brock, great name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The DDT when Jake Roberts did it. I mean unlike today where a DDT is just a move in a match. It used to be a case of good night Irene.

Its a shame that the a finisher has lost the power it once had in pro wrestling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Its a shame that the a finisher has lost the power it once had in pro wrestling.

Well look at superkicks now for a finish that has lost all meaning. The Young Bucks as great as they are have destroyed any credibility that move has

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

steiner screwdriver. think it was banned eventually

you can see how it was tamed back as the years go on. pretty brutal move

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Tombstone Piledriver
    Ankle Lock (Kurt)
    HBK Sweet Chin Music
    Rainmaker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The predigree i just always loved it when done correctly like hhh does not when rollins does it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The DDT when Jake Roberts did it. I mean unlike today where a DDT is just a move in a match. It used to be a case of good night Irene. .

That's it! It meant you were KTFO...and that Damien was coming out to play.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Always been a big fan of the Jackhammer, and Kane's chokeslam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Loved the tombstone back when it was always a match finisher, always kicked out of in last few years on first attempt though

Favourite of all time is the stunner, always loved a finisher that can be hit out of nowhere and it always popped the crowd, loved that bit in the Invasion where Austin saves the WWF and stunners about 10 of them and the crowd pops like mad for every one of them

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The first few that came to mind for me were the Stone Cold Stunner, the Tombstone Piledriver (Undertaker or Kane, both made it look deadly), and Jeff Hardy's Swanton Bomb. That's a thing of beauty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

It's the Stunner for me. Always popped the crowd, could be hit at any time, the kick to the stomach always gave you that "oh here it comes" moment. Back in the day I hated the way The Rock took it but now I laugh my arse off.

I also love Sweet Chin Music. HBK always made it seem like he could take someone's head off with it, and he could either tune up the band or hit it very quickly as a leveller in a match. The Sweet Chin Music to Shelton Benjamin jumping off the top rope was epic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It's the Stunner for me. Always popped the crowd, could be hit at any time, the kick to the stomach always gave you that "oh here it comes" moment. Back in the day I hated the way The Rock took it but now I laugh my arse off.

I also love Sweet Chin Music. HBK always made it seem like he could take someone's head off with it, and he could either tune up the band or hit it very quickly as a leveller in a match. The Sweet Chin Music to Shelton Benjamin jumping off the top rope was epic.

I have to agree that it was something special and it probably didn't hurt but it looked amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah Sweet Chin Music was a real favourite of mine. Liked the sharpshooter too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

The million dollar dream and the figure four leg lock....3d from the dudley is class. The pedigree was class cos the was a few second to get the photo in. Sweet chin music was savage though....ddt was class...i was on the teceiving end of one of those and you don't get up....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭Quandary

Mr Perfect and the his PerfectPlex :)

Sadly passed away now, another wrestler who died far too young :(

Undertaker and his Tombstone piledriver is timeless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Diamond Cutter/RKO, extremely flexible move and also one that it's actually quite hard to water down the impact of. There's just about enough to it that the notion of using it all over the place waters it down into something less rather than watering down the finisher.

As far as submissions go, Kurt Angle ankle lock, but that's really far more down to how good Angle was at transitioning into it rather than the move itself goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,928 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Jackhammer powerbomb
    The jackknife powerbomb
    Tombstone piledriver
    The f5
    Steiner Screwdriver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Personal favourite is the Package Piledriver but overall I guess it'd be the stunner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Personally, I love the RKO. Can be done on anyone of any size from so, so many different angles. Its simple but always gets a great reaction.

Along similar veins, the Stunner is the same. Also always been a fan of a good Spear.

Rko is great...as is the stunner and the diomand cutter.

A good spear is great...its a pity no one can do them like Goldberg could.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Neames

Jimmy Snuka...I think his move was called the Superfly.

Advertisement