Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home repossession

Options
  • 12-04-2017 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

My situation:

Bank was granted a repossession order in early 2015 effective mid-2015. Last I heard was that the order had been passed the Sheriff for action - that was mid-2016. To date have heard nothing.

Anybody any idea about when they might contact me and whether I will get notice of their visit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

My situation:

Bank was granted a repossession order in early 2015 effective mid-2015. Last I heard was that the order had been passed the Sheriff for action - that was mid-2016. To date have heard nothing.

Anybody any idea about when they might contact me and whether I will get notice of their visit?

Do you have legal representation? If so your legal representative may be able to make enquiries on your behalf?

The time elapsed since the granting the order seems to be very long. Usually when an order is granted the party that obtained the order move quickly (and especially so where there has been a recovery in the selling value of the property).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

hinault wrote: »
    Do you have legal representation? If so your legal representative may be able to make enquiries on your behalf?

The time elapsed since the granting the order seems to be very long. Usually when an order is granted the party that obtained the order move quickly (and especially so where there has been a recovery in the selling value of the property).

David Hall of IMHO fame was on the radio today saying that there are a lot of people with repo orders hanging over them for many years. Some people who got them early in the crisis are still living rent/mortgage free with the sword of Damocles hanging over them.

One person who he represents got their order in 2013. It was only executed this year.
    I suppose the banks are waiting for prices to keep rising and better to have someone 'minding' it until that happens.

He did sign off by saying that people should make no mistake and think they're getting a free house.
    The banks will execute these.

My advice to the OP. Ring the IMHO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Donal55 wrote:
    My advice to the OP. Ring the IMHO.

What's the IMHO?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

pilly wrote: »
    What's the IMHO?

Irish Mortgage Holders Organisation

Advertisement