Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Start/Boot Up Problem

Options
  • 12-04-2017 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

I have a day one PS4, never gave trouble, always worked perfectly. The last time I used was the night before last and shut it down as normal when I was finished. Today when I go to start it up, I', having some serious problems.

I always use the DualShock to turn it on, so I press the PS button and hear the "Beep" from the console and the light bar comes on as normal. Then the blue, wavy screen comes up and the first thing I notice is that it was taking ages to bring up the "User Login" screen. Eventually when it comes up, I select my profile and its like the screen freezes for a minute or 2 until the Main Menu comes up. Problem is now that it loads up the main menu (Background image/ notification bar on top shows up) but no X-Bar Menu(Games/Apps/Folders/Etc. selection).

The controller does nothing so try a resetting the console using the consoles Power button, but that does nothing, even when I hold, it doesnt even "Beep". So I plugged it out and started again, only this time, it doesn't even bring up the User Log in screen. I leave it for about 5 minutes until I get an error message "CE-36329-3", but cannot do anything only plug it out.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the latest software update that is out, 4.55, but I havent installed it yet, so still on 4.50.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

When you last shut it down - did you leave it in rest mode?

As if you did and you had a power cut, your hardrive may have corrupted, happened to me twice in a week and my HDD corrupted

There is a way to sort it though, there is a FW file on the Sony site about 800mb for if you are installing a new HDD, not to be confused with the 300mb one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

It was last shut down, not in Rest Mode Monday night.

It was last shut down, not in Rest Mode Monday night.

Could be your hardrive has given up the ghost then, have you any other 2.5 HDDs around to try in it?

As if it is the internal HDD and you reinstall it could be fine for a week or two and then go again and you are back to square one

I'm just in the process of trying to update the latest software in Safe Mode and see if that helps

I'm just in the process of trying to update the latest software in Safe Mode and see if that helps

Let us know how you get on, and if you have PS+ and auto save enabled you should not lose your game saves at least, obviously you will need to redownload everything

• Advertisement

Updating to 4.55 has solved this problem so I am good to go.

This never happened before with any other updates which is odd.

Updating to 4.55 has solved this problem so I am good to go.

This never happened before with any other updates which is odd.

I don't mean to be the harbinger of doom, if it happens you again close to this, it's definitely a HDD on the way out, just back everything you need up and make sure them auto uploads of your data is on incase it does go again... :)

Fieldog wrote: »
    I don't mean to be the harbinger of doom, if it happens you again close to this, it's definitely a HDD on the way out, just back everything you need up and make sure them auto uploads of your data is on incase it does go again... :)

Have online/auto saves set up as it is anyway so should be safe enough.

The HDD I have is relatively new, think it was about this time last year I installed the new one, hopefully it's not fecked

Advertisement