Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied to be Superintendent for Certificate Exams - when will I hear?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

lucysh wrote: »
    I've been placed in a centre that's going to take me 1.5-2 hours each way to commute to, as i don't have a car (dublin based), and the centre will only be open till the 14th! Really doesn't feel worth my while to take it, do they really mark your name from being appointed in future if you decline the appointment at this point? I thought that I'd be placed somewhere easier to get to since I'm in Dublin!
    You coukd try Co tasting them and decline this one explaining commute isn't feasible with posting times etc but ask to be put on reserve list (long shot at this stage I know) if something in your area comes up. You coukd also check with school to see if they have enough readers and scribes although it pays substantially less as no exoenses

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Lucy I will be leaving at 7.30 (driving) every day and am dublin based. I just wouldn't risk it in case there was a problem on m50!! If I was taking public transport I presume I will leave at the same time!
    In my previous centre which was 10 km away max I would still leave at the same time. Traffic is just dreadful in Dublin!!
    It's crazy because I leave at the same time to get marking conferences in athlone!

My JC centre is opened until 15th June which is what I asked for.

The bags are very heavy though with the scripts! Is there a post office nearby? Maybe a fellow superintendant will give you a lift to post office?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

I have just rang the school I was appointed to, as per the instructions in the letter, to let them know my estimated time of arrival on the Tuesday. Talk about confusion, seemed to have no idea what I was talking about! I got transferred around three times before some random teacher in the staff room took a message to give to the exam aide. Doesn't exactly bode well! Do people not normally make that phone call or something? I ring every year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I had that a few times too. They don't expect us to ring at all, just turn up on the day! My first year I had to ring the Garda station too( for storage of papers), they hadn't a clue what I was on about. And were still surprised to see me arrive in with the box of papers.

Does anyone know if the old mileage rates apply? (The ones in the book)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

Millem wrote: »

The CL is from DPER and rates are in effect since April. I can't see the SEC deviating from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

Millem wrote: »

The old mileage rates are being applied this year.

ccazza wrote: »

Ok cool! I was marking a few weeks ago (after 1st April) but haven't been paid yet but on the back of my form of account it had old rates ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

Where did you get this info do you mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

Where did you get this info do you mind me asking?

It's on a claim form I got for this year- "Travellling expenses and subsistence allowances paid to examinations contract staff for the 2017 examinations will be in accordance with the published public service rates that applied at the beginning of 2017 and which were the rates that applied over the course of the 2016 examinations".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

It's on a claim form I got for this year- "Travellling expenses and subsistence allowances paid to examinations contract staff for the 2017 examinations will be in accordance with the published public service rates that applied at the beginning of 2017 and which were the rates that applied over the course of the 2016 examinations".

I've got my contract in front of me, dated 2017 and the old rates are on it. I guess that *maybe* since we were notified of our appointment prior to April 1st (I actually don't even remember if we were) that we qualify for the old rate???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭doc_17

I'd imagine they wouldn't want to change the terms and conditions of your employment after you took it up. They're having other enough getting people!

Advertisement