Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow Way - Marlay Park

Options
  • 12-04-2017 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what bus (if any) go from the city centre to Marlay Park. Looks like Dublin Bus last updated its info in 2011 and some routes no longer exist. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

No 16 Bus goes right outside the park.

Balally Luas stop is about 30 mins walk, if that. If that's any use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Red Kev wrote: »
    No 16 Bus goes right outside the park.

Balally Luas stop is about 30 mins walk, if that. If that's any use.

Perfect, thanks. Felt I was going in circles lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,112 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

The 75 and 14 leave you close to the park as well.

The 75 and 14 leave you close to the park as well.

Thanks lads

Great day for the WW, did Marlay Park to Glencullen, amazing scenery. Think Marlay Park was a bit of a joke for starting the WW as your only in it a few minutes before to have to walk along the road to Kilmashogue Woods

• Advertisement

jaqian wrote: »
    Great day for the WW, did Marlay Park to Glencullen, amazing scenery. Think Marlay Park was a bit of a joke for starting the WW as your only in it a few minutes before to have to walk along the road to Kilmashogue Woods

Good work. How long about did it take you? And how did you get back out of Glencullen?

Good work. How long about did it take you? And how did you get back out of Glencullen?

Funny story lol. Took me about 4.5hrs to get from Marlay Park to Glencullen but took a detour up to Fairy Castle where I had lunch but overall felt much faster.

However when I got to Johnny Foxes around 1.30 realised that bus wouldn't arrive for another 3hrs dunno what I was thinking as had printed off the times. So decided wasn't waiting around and I walked to Sandyford where I got the bus into town : D

Funny story lol. Took me about 4.5hrs to get from Marlay Park to Glencullen but took a detour up to Fairy Castle where I had lunch but overall felt much faster.

However when I got to Johnny Foxes around 1.30 realised that bus wouldn't arrive for another 3hrs dunno what I was thinking as had printed off the times. So decided wasn't waiting around and I walked to Sandyford where I got the bus into town : D

A good days rambling :) Annoying about the bus connection not working for you. The next time you walk that way, nip down the Ballyedmonduff Road to Stepaside where the service is a more reasonable one bus an hour and the luxury of the Step Inn.

A good days rambling :) Annoying about the bus connection not working for you. The next time you walk that way, nip down the Ballyedmonduff Road to Stepaside where the service is a more reasonable one bus an hour and the luxury of the Step Inn.

Thanks and ti rhink I avoided Stepaside as it looked longer to Sandyford, could have worked out a lit shorter lol

On the train heading to Leixlip Louisa Bridge to continue my Royal Canal walk. Heading from there to Kilcock hopefully, have the young lad with me who's 12yrs if too much might call it quits at Maynooth. Did Castleknock to Louisa Bridge last week.

Thanks and ti rhink I avoided Stepaside as it looked longer to Sandyford, could have worked out a lit shorter lol

On the train heading to Leixlip Louisa Bridge to continue my Royal Canal walk. Heading from there to Kilcock hopefully, have the young lad with me who's 12yrs if too much might call it quits at Maynooth. Did Castleknock to Louisa Bridge last week.

A lot shorter :)

I am intending on doing the Royal Canal at some stage over the summer; thanks for reminding me of same.

• Advertisement

A lot shorter :)

I am intending on doing the Royal Canal at some stage over the summer; thanks for reminding me of same.

Best of luck, you might find these maps of interest, not that you get get lost along a canal lol

http://www.irishtrails.ie/trail/Royal-Canal-Way/28/

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Glonass

hi, my question is not related to bus but related to Diversions on the Wicklow Way. Are there any diversions active on the Route? in particular from Drumgoff there was diversion last year. thanks

Advertisement