Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nikon D7500 Announced

• 12-04-2017 5:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭

Just as I had made the decision to upgrade to a D7200 + 18-200 lens + SB700, along comes an announcement today of the release of the D7500.

It drops back to a single SD slot but gets the D500's sensor, an upgrade to Expeed 5, faster continuous release, improved metering and the addition of Bluetooth.

It seems that it also comes with an additional 250 Euro or so on the price and is reported that it won't be shipping until June.

There's no way I can buy a D7200 now until I at least put my hands on the D7500 and also see what happens to the D7200's price.

Another two months to wait. Just as I was starting to get excited about my new purchase :(

Comments

The 7500 is NOT an upgrade of the 7200. This is good rundown of what it is and where it fits in the product line-up. As Ken here says, it's basically a D5600 with a D500 sensor and image processor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBfUFZHxiVA

It's not a bad camera as such but it doesn't have a patch on the D7200 spec wise.

If you did your homework and decided on the D7200 you should stick to your guns on it IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭Silva360

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i know you want to get the best bang for your buck, but the question at the end is 'will this allow me to take better photos', and i suspect the difference is marginal at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

Thanks everyone for the comments and links.

JayZeus' YouTube link was very interesting. I don't entirely disagree with the reviewer's opinion when he's being objective. He does get a little hysterical at times - but that doesn't take away completely from his complaint about the underlying value of this model.

Now that the announcement has had time to be reflected upon and commented upon, there are a number of other reviews of the specs which mirror the opinion of the reviewer in JayZeus' link.

My own opinion, having slept on it, is that I had been happy with the specs and cost of the D7200, lens and flash so I'm sticking with my original choice.

Back on track again :)

Advertisement