Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time driver - going on 30.

Options
  • 12-04-2017 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to get on the road in the next year. I am male and 30 in May, I'm a first time driver and have the theory test passed. I know the next step is getting the lessons completed, but I'm looking at getting a car first that I can practice in and do my lessons and eventual test in.
    I've read that FTD over 30 have real difficulty getting insurance. I found this very confusing but nonetheless I'm not sure where to start looking. I've never been much of a car person, so its almost out of necessity rather than desire that I need to get on the road... If anyone is in my position or has been before, a first time driver approaching his 30's but is getting on the road or has already, it'd be great to hear your experiences.
    Saying that, anyone who has any information to point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

I am in a similar situation albeit a few years younger - cheapest quotes I can get are ~2100 with axa on a 2006/07 car (1.0-1.6L). I would be curious if your age made the insurance cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I am in a similar situation albeit a few years younger - cheapest quotes I can get are ~2100 with axa on a 2006/07 car (1.0-1.6L). I would be curious if your age made the insurance cheaper.

Are you going with the drivesave app with axa? save 20 percent I think.
    My first time getting insured was for 1600 with axa using that app

Advertisement