Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politics Cafe....? Banpocalypse now.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

It's about time everyone was treated fairly.

It seems it's now a level playing field whereas weeks ago there was a blatant bias from a certain mod of the ff/fg bashing. Never backing any accusations up with links or evidence.

Anything negative about sf resulted in cards and bans

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@Listowel Man - please stop posting off-topic. Next incident will result in a ban.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Close note
    OK enough. We're 9 pages into this thread and despite repeated requests for constructive feedback and supporting links the only evidence provided so far was not of biased mod actions but of mod warnings.

Alf - you complained about not getting a PM for a deleted post. Multiple posts were removed on threat of defamation and an ON-THREAD mod note was added. Why this was not enough I just don't know.
    And your response was to drag this back into the thread again which of course resulted in moderation, so if you've an issue now with the resulting actions - infraction and ban take them to DRF.

Wibbs - close the cafe. We'll consider it. After the last mess that was immigration there last year the forum is already on its last chance.

Mike - ban the top 5 problem posters. Not something we've done before but again we'll consider it, implication here is as its an admin ban there will be no recourse to DRF so that is a challenge in itself.

Jackofalltrades - thanks also for your 4 point suggestion, they'll be rolled into the overall review.

As to the complaint that the mods couldn't be bothered to post here to defend themselves, this made me laugh. Last time when they posted there were claims of circling the wagon and mods taking the side of mods. This time, in an effort to truly listen without getting distracted by justifications or similar we asked the team to step back and take on board the points being made. With some of the claims here made against them and me (which is ludicrous as I've never given an inclination of whether I'm for or against immigration) I want to thank them for listening and taking in all of the positive criticism here with suggestions.

For everyone here who attempted to give honest and constructive feedback with suggestions - a heartfelt thank you, we will try to take on board your concerns.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement