Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schools nearest to Oldtown Co. Dublin

Options
  • 12-04-2017 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi, I'm moving to Oldtown Co Dublin soon and have children in primary and secondary school and a preschooler, looking for any info about closest schools and recommendations and if there is any school bus services, any info appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭plodder

Hi there. My kids didn't go to school in the area, but here is what I know from living there. The local primary seems to have come along a lot. Originally, it was a two teacher, two room affair, but has expanded since then. The primary in Rolestown (2 miles away approx) is quite big and possibly one of (if not the) best equipped primary schools in the country as it was funded by a wealthy local benefactor. For secondary, a lot of kids go to Ashbourne community school, and I'm fairly sure there is a bus to there. My daughters went to Loreto in Swords, but that is hard to get into and might depend on going to primary in Swords. The other schools in Swords would be an option also. I don't know if there is a bus to Swords, but I do see a number of different buses at the church every morning during term. So, it's possible there is. Unless someone else has more specific info, you could try calling the schools, or maybe calling up some morning to the church and talking to the drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭stead

There's a bus called Nifti that goes to all the small towns (Oldtown, Ballyboughal, Naul, etc.) and goes to most secondary schools close by.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Primary school would be Rolestown. Went there myself(before the new building was opened). Then for secondary schools you'd be looking at Ashbourne or Swords (St. Finians, Fingal)

Advertisement