Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

13 Subjects too many for the LC???!

Options
  • 12-04-2017 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi guys,
    As an excellent student with a thirst for knowledge and what I have been told by my teachers, friends and parents is an excellent aptitude for learning, one would think that the "LC" would be a "Piece Of Cake." However, recently, as a result of poorer than expected results in my mocks, I have been feeling a little stressed. Currently, I am pursuing 13 subjects at Higher Level:
    English, Irish, Maths, German, Spanish, Classical Studies, Religion, History, Biology, Chemistry, Japanese, Hebrew Studies and of course, Economics.
    My problem is that I keep mixing up the alphabets for my wide range of languages, even going so far as to complete my whole HL maths mock in Japanese! Luckily I still achieved a H3 yielding me 102 points. Should I drop one of my languages and pick up Accounting, which I hear is a "Cakewalkerino" according to my many friends who do it.
    Thank you for reading my good friends,
    Please consider my question carefully

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Why do you want to do so many subjects?

You are doing almost twice as many as you need and as a result your performance in many subjects is suffering. You do not need to be an excellent student to join the dots.

You should cut back to your best 7 or at most 8 subjects. Your school needs a good look at itself if it encourages people to try to do what you seem to be trying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭reason vs religion

I'd double down if I were you. Some people say twenty-six subjects is too many, but you seem like you'd manage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 daly192

Hi Spurious,
    Thanks for your comment. I really appreciate the advice. However I must admit, I find it fairly strange. In my experience, almost all of my many friends in school are doing 13 subjects. Some of them achieving H3s in all of them! My principal says that a "broader learning pallet" enriches the "mind palace." Is this not common knowledge?
    To other commentators, are there 26 subjects on the LC curriculum, if so what are they and how can I do them efficiently, without mixing up my alphabets?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Stop trolling. You'e not funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

daly192 wrote: »
    ... even going so far as to complete my whole HL maths mock in Japanese!

I've seen worse in fairness. :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement