Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triumph Sprint GT

• 12-04-2017 11:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭

Well folks test rode one today and i gotta say i absolutely loved it. Reminded me of a less powerful, more real world Hayabusa. Am seriously considering a good second hand one now. If anyone knows of one going or has any experience owning one i'd love to know. The old VFR has served me well for the last 4 years but with over 110k miles it time to retire her for parts.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I had a 2010 Sprint ST for about 3 years I found it to be a really good bike, toured Europe on it with zero issues loaded up to the hilt. Generally they are shy on gadgets but a very good all round bike with a fantastic triple engine. But I will see they have the worst headlight on any bike I have ever rode, even with top of the range bulbs the projector units are a total joke. The GT has a longer wheel base and by all accounts does not handle aswell as the ST version.

Again depending on the year they are very shy on gadgets mine did not even have ABS or the like, honestly I think they are starting to show their age a bit at this stage and there are probably better choices out there depending on the year and the money you are paying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Nice bike and I remember wonda's well but not a huge difference between that and the VFR. Do you really need the change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

He isnt just looking for a change though. He wants to retire the bike due to high mileage.

Personally, i would take a vfr over a sprint simply because imo Honda > Triumph.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭CoolHandBandit

zubair wrote: »
    Nice bike and I remember wonda's well but not a huge difference between that and the VFR. Do you really need the change.

Yeah the viffer is done for tbh. Thought the GT handled very very well indeed for a big bike far better than the hayabusa anyway yes its no gsxr but something very solid and reassuring about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

I had an St 1050 for a year. I liked it.

But it can't be underestimated how bad the lights are. If you ride at night in unlit areas then forget about it. You'll tip it into a right hand corner at as you do the corner is plunged into darkness....the field to the left will be like day light making the situation worse.

• Advertisement

650Ginge wrote: »
    I had an St 1050 for a year. I liked it.

But it can't be underestimated how bad the lights are. If you ride at night in unlit areas then forget about it. You'll tip it into a right hand corner at as you do the corner is plunged into darkness....the field to the left will be like day light making the situation worse.

Yeah iv'e read that but thankfully the lights on the GT are improved over the ST.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Won't help that you have the best lights on any motorbike at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I have to say, they look great, especially in blue .

Are you buying new. Any new bargains out there?

I have to say, they look great, especially in blue .

Are you buying new. Any new bargains out there?

No have my eye on one in the UK in blue funnily enough. It's loaded with extras and only has 5200 miles with fsh. Brand new tyres to boot on a 2011 bike. They are few and far between here and the ones iv'e seen are mad money.

Actually went to Triumph to look at and test ride a Tiger 800 but wasn't mad about it and took the GT out and was very impressed with it's road presence and handling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭Philipx

Give Ronan in RPM a buzz

He had an immaculate red one in with full luggage, although not sure if he still has it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement