Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unique exfoliating cream

Options
  • 12-04-2017 11:35pm
    Site Banned Posts: 32

There is some type of cream out there, that you can rub on yourself, and it somehow dissolves with the dead cell debris and any dirt present, and the water will wash it off. I'm not sure how unique others would consider such a description to be!

At the moment I can get off huge amounts of dead skin off in the sauna by rubbing it, when my skin softens. This takes quite a long time, if I were to rub each area of my body, and it'd look a bit odd too. But after, I can just go under the shower and wash it off. I've tried some "natural exfoliants" such as honey, salt, sugar and lemon. I've no doubt they're good, but they don't get off the dead cell build up.

I've asked people about this before, and I just got cynical replies like "yeah, take a shower dude". Although, you might smell better after a shower, this layer of dead cells will still be there.... at least for me. And I've had someone else recommend rubbing clay all over my body! I know of such a ointment, because I had a saleswoman try to sell me it in a mall when on holidays. At the time, I thought I could just ignore the saleslady because I presumed it'd be easy to find such an ointment online. But it seems a bit of a mystery to me

Anyone know of anything like this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Consider a chemical exfoliant - AHA/BHA/Glycolic acid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Nip and fab and Paulas choice have body chemical exfoliants, they're body creams that break down the dead skin cells.

In personally think a physical exfoliant, like cocoa brown tough stuff, is great, much cheaper and gets the blood pumping too.

• Site Banned Posts: 32 NeverTheLess

GingerLily wrote: »
    Nip and fab and Paulas choice have body chemical exfoliants, they're body creams that break down the dead skin cells.

In personally think a physical exfoliant, like cocoa brown tough stuff, is great, much cheaper and gets the blood pumping too.
    Are they harsh on the skin though?

Are what harsh on the skin?

I have delicate dry skin and use a physical exfoliant, I don't like using chemical exfoliants on my body as I prefer the feeling of a scrub to get your circulation going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Much less harsh than a physical scrub. Also many physical scrubs contain microbeads which are destroying the oceans.

It all depends on what your skin can tolerate. Do some research into products and then make an informed decision on what might work for you.

• Advertisement

I have delicate dry skin and use a physical exfoliant, I don't like using chemical exfoliants on my body as I prefer the feeling of a scrub to get your circulation going.
    That's not something I could imagine a doctor saying. You should depend on exercise to get your circulation going.

That's not something I could imagine a doctor saying. You should depend on exercise to get your circulation going.

Maybe you should research it a little bit before being so dismissive of posters who are trying to be helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Tan eraser is good for exfoliating if your looking for something like that? Has two different sides of 'strength'.

I use nip fab glycolic cream aswell! Says it get rid of dead skin maybe You could try something like that?

Personally I've never heard of anything that 'washes' a layer of skin of don't think I'd use something like that on my skin?

idunno78 wrote: »
    Tan eraser is good for exfoliating if your looking for something like that? Has two different sides of 'strength'.

I use nip fab glycolic cream aswell! Says it get rid of dead skin maybe You could try something like that?

Personally I've never heard of anything that 'washes' a layer of skin of don't think I'd use something like that on my skin?
    did I say "washes a layer" off? Perhaps not the best way of putting it. The saleslady I encountered demonstrated with my wrist, and I could see a certain amount of dirt come off!

Does nip fab do that? Or maybe your body is to clean for you to know!

Maybe you should research it a little bit before being so dismissive of posters who are trying to be helpful
    Hmmm. But do you get exercise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

There is some type of cream out there, that you can rub on yourself, and it somehow dissolves with the dead cell debris and any dirt present, and the water will wash it off

You kinda did!! Maybe you need to explain better? Nip and fab wouldn't do what I get from your explanation but it would make your skin smoother! One of the other posters mentioned ahas I think they would be similar to what I mentioned? I don't know anything about them tho!
    Do you want to do this every time you shower or just like once a week? Maybe you could ask in a dermatologist and they might have the answer for you?

Hmmm. But do you get exercise?

That's an irrelevant and rude question.

Yes I do go to the gym regularly and find using a body scrub on sore muscles as a great way to help with recovery.

Hi op, wonder if you mean an enzyme face peel/facial?
    I remember getting one in the US a few years ago; google "mushroom enzyme facial" or "Exhale spa" in Boston for details. It was a disaster for my skin... felt like acid and I had red blotches and bumps for days after, it took weeks for my skin to recover :eek:

Yes I do go to the gym regularly and find using a body scrub on sore muscles as a great way to help with recovery.
    Oh right. I don't have sore muscles after my work out. I build up slowly to a certain level of fitness - it's better for the body long term.

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Hi op, wonder if you mean an enzyme face peel/facial?
    I remember getting one in the US a few years ago; google "mushroom enzyme facial" or "Exhale spa" in Boston for details. It was a disaster for my skin... felt like acid and I had red blotches and bumps for days after, it took weeks for my skin to recover :eek:
    I will google those. But it seems like I shouldn't use them!

But the Paula's choice, and nip fab mentioned by posters seems to be similar to what was mentioned.

This seems similar to what the posters mentioned too... if you can stand the phony emotions by these women
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDJMHUuMn00

Oh right. I don't have sore muscles after my work out. I build up slowly to a certain level of fitness - it's better for the body long term.

Or your not pushing yourself enough, either way it's irrelevant to the original question you asked.

it's irrelevant to the original question you asked.
    Never the less, let's make it relevant - sense we're both interested in it.
    Or your not pushing yourself enough, either way
    Hard enough for what? The more the muscles have to repair, the more DNA replication has to occur, which means the more DNA mutations that are likely to occur, the more cancer is likely to occur. I'd say just take it easy.

it's irrelevant to the original question you asked.
    Or your not pushing yourself enough, either way
    Hard enough for what? The more the muscles have to repair, the more DNA replication has to occur, which means the more DNA mutations that are likely to occur, the more cancer is likely to occur. I'd say just take it easy.

I think it's more to do with massage helping break down the lactic acid build up, didn't realise it would give me cancer, thanks for the heads up, you're very educated in the topic.

It almost sounds like your bored and just trolling people on the beauty forum.

Jesus Christ.

Advertisement