Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mondello Training Day and Trackday-PICS

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Training Day.

442033.jpg

442034.jpg

442032.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭neildyr

I just received an email from Mondello regarding the chin strap.

I quote "That is correct you would be required to have a double D ring strap."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭Goose81

neildyr wrote: »
    I just received an email from Mondello regarding the chin strap.

I quote "That is correct you would be required to have a double D ring strap."

Well that's that then, how do we get refunded?

Lads yous are making a mountain out of a molehill here and not paying attention to the info being given out.

For track day training days you can use a ratchet strap type helmet with flip down internal visor or flip down front piece.

You can call Darren from bike2bike training on 087 2417500 and ask him yourselves. He runs the training days at Mondello Park.

For actual trackdays and racing as per MCUI rules,you must wear a double d ring one piece helmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I see in one of the images of the presentsstion that this is aon, axa approved is that the same same as the aon2 advanced riding?

• Advertisement

zubair wrote: »
    I see in one of the images of the presentsstion that this is aon, axa approved is that the same same as the aon2 advanced riding?

The training day itself is to prep you for doing a proper trackday in the future.

Why don't you speak to Darren about it. His number is there. So ask the man himself.

Lads yous are making a mountain out of a molehill here and not paying attention to the info being given out.

He emailed mondello directly and they told him that ratchet helmets weren't acceptable so that is the info being given out.

If the guy who runs the course has different requirements then he needs to get on to mondello so they give the correct information to potential customers , people shouldn't have to track him down via an internet forum and ring him for clarification, run by clowns by the looks

We are going to go regardless and I'm sure you are correct but pretty shoddy that mondello give out incorrect info via email when asked to clarify that run contradictory to what the instructor specifies.

Can you quote my entire post pleass Goose.

Im done with posting here on this thread. Given out all the correct info I can about the training day.

See you all in Mondello in March.

Can you quote my entire post pleass Goose.

Im done with posting here on this thread. Given out all the correct info I can about the training day.

See you all in Mondello in March.

What difference does it make what part of your quote that I post? Did you not say it

You said "your not paying attention to the information being given out " ,when in fact he actually went to the bother of emailing them and this is what they said to him.

What part of your quote should I have posted that didn't insinuate that the op was lazily ignoring info from mondello? As this was what I quoted of your post I assume it's the part you took issue with lol

Thanks for your help and as said we will go regardless as I'm sure you are right but it's not good form that when asked for clarification mondello give out incorrect info. Let's hope for a dry day now!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭neildyr

I'm going to ignore it, to be honest. It's not anywhere on their website stipulating it so. And it's been reiterated here a couple of times now. Come on March!

Cheers for all the input.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jay48

You don't need double d for the training day , Stewie has rang Darren and confirmed it , like I did myself , obviously mondello got their wires crossed as there is a race licence day a couple of days after the training day , now relax and hopefully I'll see you down there , wet or dry , you'll enjoy the day .

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭tonytoc11

jay48 wrote: »
    You don't need double d for the training day , Stewie has rang Darren and confirmed it , like I did myself , obviously mondello got their wires crossed as there is a race licence day a couple of days after the training day , now relax and hopefully I'll see you down there , wet or dry , you'll enjoy the day .

Is the double d ring required for full trackdays out of interest? I'm doing the one on April 1st.

tonytoc11 wrote: »
    Is the double d ring required for full trackdays out of interest? I'm doing the one on April 1st.

YES....as allready said and posted.

Track Day & Track Training Day Dates 2018

Wednesday 7th March Track Training Day
    Sunday 11th March Race Licence Assessment Day
    Sunday 18th March Track Day International Track
    Wednesday 28th March Track Training Day
    Sunday 1st April Track Day International Track
    Wednesday 11th April Track Training Day
    Wednesday 18th April Track Day National Track
    Sunday 06th May Track Day International Track
    Wednesday 16th May Track Training Day
    Sunday 20th May Track Day International Track
    Sunday 03rd June Track Day International Track
    Wednesday 11th July Track Day National Track
    Monday 6th August Track Day International Track
    Wednesday 12th September Track Day National Track
    Saturday 06th October Track Day International Track
    Saturday 27th October Track Day International Track (Loyalty Day)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jay48

AFAIK you don't need double d for trackdays , just race days , it is recommended alright ,if it is the case as stewie says then it's new for this year .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Does Darren at Bike2Bike do tuition on ordinary track days? Or are there complimentary instructors there?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭tonytoc11

jay48 wrote: »
    AFAIK you don't need double d for trackdays , just race days , it is recommended alright ,if it is the case as stewie says then it's new for this year .

That's what I thought too.

Mondello Track Training Day due to take place on the 7th March has been cancelled due to bad weather

Advertisement